AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:25 pm

Hi guys! I just had something occur that almost knocked the wind out of me, and felt I had to share it! When I logged-in this morning there was a "Private Message" from someone on this forum, whom will remain anonymous so as to not embarrass them, but I will definitely share their gesture toward me. The message said that a Gold Membership for this forum had been purchased for me, and absolutely NOTHING was expected in return! This gesture in itself is incredibly generous of this individual, but there's more! Prior to reading the message, I had posted in a topic somewhere that I was just waiting for some money to arrive so I could purchase a membership, and then I read the message! Incredible coincidence? I doubt it, more like Divine intervention if you ask me! I have no idea what prompted this individual to do this kind thing for me, but it certainly is in the spirit of what this brother/sisterhood is all about! I wish to publicly thank the person who did this wonderful thing for a fellow member, and I will do my best to "Pay it Forward"! So, thanks to, only you and I know who you are, ::handshake:: your kindly act has filled me with gratitude! Mark! 8)
8)

User avatar
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:24 am
Location: Ponder, Denton County, TX
Contact:

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by dlr110 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm

This is just another example of why I really do love being a part of this great organization.
At the heart of it I believe we come here to learn, to laugh, to share, to help one another
and even lift each other up in prayer in time of need. God bless the member that did this
for you Mark and God bless all of us here on AAPK. ::pray:: ::tu::
David R
Senior Chief US Navy (Ret); DFW Airport (Ret)
My Gallery of Knives: https://www.davidsblades.com/

"A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip." Billy Graham

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 pm

dlr110 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm
This is just another example of why I really do love being a part of this great organization.
At the heart of it I believe we come here to learn, to laugh, to share, to help one another
and even lift each other up in prayer in time of need. God bless the member that did this
for you Mark and God bless all of us here on AAPK. ::pray:: ::tu::
Amen David! ::pray:: 8)
8)

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 4352
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by TPK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm

Congratulations Mark! ::handshake:: That's awesome! ::nod:: Awesome people here! ::nod::
A group of like minded, a gathering of friends, a band of blade brothers. ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
YF,
TOM :D


"Failure & Success..., I have tried to learn equally from both."
Thomas DeVore_"Dayreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's & "72's"!
"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

User avatar
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:11 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by OLDE CUTLER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm

TPK wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm
Congratulations Mark! ::handshake:: That's awesome! ::nod:: Awesome people here! ::nod::
A group of like minded, a gathering of friends, a band of blade brothers. ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
Very well stated Tom, ::tu:: I'm proud to be a part of it! 8)
8)

User avatar
Steve Warden
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5159
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Steve Warden » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

OLDE CUTLER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
Yes, Sir - well done!!

Congrats, Mark.
I was the recipient of a similar gesture several months ago, only I didn't receive a PM telling me about it. One day I happened to notice a Supporting Member banner under my avatar. I still have no idea who made the generous contribution, but it is certainly appreciated.

The members here are grade A, number one, top-notch, best folks around!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:35 pm

OLDE CUTLER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
I will certainly do my best O.C.! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm

Steve Warden wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm
OLDE CUTLER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm
Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
Yes, Sir - well done!!

Congrats, Mark.
I was the recipient of a similar gesture several months ago, only I didn't receive a PM telling me about it. One day I happened to notice a Supporting Member banner under my avatar. I still have no idea who made the generous contribution, but it is certainly appreciated.

The members here are grade A, number one, top-notch, best folks around!!
Well said Steve, ::tu:: and I couldn't agree more! ::handshake:: My new banner is up and flying already! ::groove:: Thanks again to all involved! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

User avatar
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:37 pm
Location: Frozen tundra ,wi.USA

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Ripster » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm

That is truly great Mark, agree with you and all who’ve posted here ,the genuine fellowship, for the most part is great here . And a big hats off to the quiet donor . Very well done. Good to see good things happening here .
Take care ,stay safe ::handshake::
JP 8)

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Ripster wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm
That is truly great Mark, agree with you and all who’ve posted here ,the genuine fellowship, for the most part is great here . And a big hats off to the quiet donor . Very well done. Good to see good things happening here .
Take care ,stay safe ::handshake::
Thanks J.P.! ::handshake:: I'm still in a state of shock over the whole thing, :shock: but it's a good state to be in! Some 1st-Rate people frequent this forum, and for the "most part" one's, perhaps they'll eventually pick-up on the vibe! BTW, I really enjoy your posts! 8)
8)

User avatar
WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3579
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 am
Location: MacNutt, Saskatchewan, Canada
Contact:

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by WillyCamaro » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:20 pm

::tu:: 8) ::tu::
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

User avatar
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:31 am
Location: So. Central California.

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Old Folder » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 pm

That "Premium Subscription Tier" looks very good under your avatar Mark. ::nod::
Congratulations to the silent donor.

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

User avatar
XX Case XX
Posts: 3233
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:24 pm
Location: California

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by XX Case XX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 pm

Madmarco wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:25 pm
I wish to publicly thank the person who did this wonderful thing for a fellow member
I know who it was but I ain't tellin'... ::paranoid::

____________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

User avatar
rea1eye
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:59 am

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by rea1eye » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:04 am

Congratulations Mark!

Thank you silent donor.

Bob

Post Reply

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”