finish?

Ask knife related questions here. Please answer some if you are an experienced collector!
Sut Tatersaul

finish?

Postby Sut Tatersaul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi, All:

I need advice again.
I was fondling, and admiring one of my favorite Case knives yesterday, and in the process, felt a sharp edge on one of it's scales. on closer observation, I found that one of the scale rivets, had not been ground smooth, or polished flat to the scale's surface. This rivet can't be easily seen but, can be easily felt.
This knife is a Case 'Trapper' style, 'Limited XX Edition, 1 of 2500, series knife, with emerald, jigged bone Scales', and brass rivets.
My question is, should I be concerned enough about that proud rivet, to have it finished properly? Or should I just accept, and enjoy the knife, as is ?
I very much value your opinions. Thanks in advance for them.

Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter

Steve Warden

Re: finish?

Postby Steve Warden » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 pm

It's your knife, do as you please.
If you do decide to have it smoothed out, I would see if there is a reputable knife guy in your area, or take it to a jeweler and see if they can help.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:49 pm

If you plan to carry and use it and it bothers you during use, I’d have it fixed. If you’re just going to have it in your collection to look at, I wouldn’t worry about it. JMO. It’s your knife so do as you see fit.

KEN
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Could it be sanded down by hand fairly easily ? Or would it take a lot of sanding and thereby likely mess up the surrounding handle ?
kj

donjr

Postby donjr » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Send it back to Case. If it is a manufacturer defect from the factory, it is under Warranty, and they will repair it for free. donjr

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”