Case xx set

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Bladeunner70

Case xx set

Post by Bladeunner70 »

Case
Case
I need a little help identifying this set. This is a untouched collection. Came from case like this and had never touched or removed from the display
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case xx set

Post by treefarmer »

Bladeunner70 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:11 am
4EBD9D47-D448-48B4-9DBC-CC3DF832D58F.jpeg
I need a little help identifying this set. This is a untouched collection. Came from case like this and had never touched or removed from the display
Welcome to AAPK! ::handshake::
I can't see the tang stamps on the knives clearly, but they are clear enough to see that there are a couple of different years of manufacture in the display case. What your knives have in common seems to be the handle material which appears to be stag.
Pictures, close ups of both side of the blade will reveal the information you may be seeking usually the front or mark side will reveal the year or era of manufacture and the back or pile side will identify the pattern information.
You have a great looking display! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Nice looking set, but I’m curious about your statement that it came from Case intact as is. Although it may be true, what evidence do you have to support that? Displays made in-house by Case typically have the Case company name embossed on them, either on the wood frame or in gold leaf or other decal on the glass. The knives in the display will typically all be from the same year of manufacture, or at most from two consecutive years. Hard to tell from your picture but I see knives from at least two or maybe three different years.

Just my anecdotal observations, which admittedly could be wrong. Not trying to pick an argument but curious to learn something new. Maybe someone here will recognize the set as you hope to learn. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:12 pm Welcome to AAPK. Nice looking set, but I’m curious about your statement that it came from Case intact as is. Although it may be true, what evidence do you have to support that? Displays made in-house by Case typically have the Case company name embossed on them, either on the wood frame or in gold leaf or other decal on the glass. The knives in the display will typically all be from the same year of manufacture, or at most from two consecutive years. Hard to tell from your picture but I see knives from at least two or maybe three different years.

Just my anecdotal observations, which admittedly could be wrong. Not trying to pick an argument but curious to learn something new. Maybe someone here will recognize the set as you hope to learn. ::tu::

Ken
I tend to agree with Ken's assessment. Hard to tell for sure from the pictures, but the lockbacks on the bottom appear to have the Floating Dot stamps from 1994 (6 Dots) and the other three knives appear to be 4 Dot 1996 models. It is a beautiful set of knives, but I feel like they were put together in this display after they left the factory. I suppose Case could have put this group together for some special occasion, but I wouldn't think it's a regular production set. I could definitely be wrong as well, but either way, it is a nice looking group of Stags.
Kevin

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”