Germania Cutlery Works Germany

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
CarMan

Germania Cutlery Works Germany

Post by CarMan »

I just got this little 4 blade knife (well 3 blades & a fingernail file) and have never heard of them. I found them in my Goins and think it dates between 1896-1938. It looks like the blades have never been sharpened and the scales look perfect minus a little discoloration. My question is what are these scales? Are they genuine mother of pearl possibly?
Thank you,
John
Matthew 22:37-38
Attachments
IMG_1312.jpeg
IMG_1313.jpeg
IMG_1314.jpeg
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Germania Cutlery Works Germany

Post by Reverand »

They look like real MOP, from what I can see in the pictures. If so, then I am guessing that the discoloration is from oil that has seeped in behind them.
If you get it out in the sunlight and see a fiery rainbow of colors, then it is the real thing!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
wlf
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by wlf »

Yep.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
CarMan

Post by CarMan »

Reverand wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:01 am They look like real MOP, from what I can see in the pictures. If so, then I am guessing that the discoloration is from oil that has seeped in behind them.
If you get it out in the sunlight and see a fiery rainbow of colors, then it is the real thing!
Thank you sir. I wonder if I can clean them up with something like a quick bath of some sort. I’m thinking of getting an ultrasonic cleaner.
CarMan

Post by CarMan »

wlf wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:34 pmYep.
Thank you sir

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”