Beecher Knife Co. - Any Info?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Beecher Knife Co. - Any Info?

Post by knifeaholic »

Just picked up this interesting penknife. BEECHER KNIFE CO tang stamp on the large blade.

PAT'D 4 - 20 15 on the small blade.

Whenever I see patent info on a knife, it immediately makes me wonder - what was the patent for? Is there an unusual feature on the knife or relating to its construction?

The thing that is unusual on this one is the small glade - not the almost "Wharncliffe" shape and the blunted tip.

Upon close examination, it appears that the small blade was made with a special "safety" tip - the small blade overall resembles the type of blade sometimes included on modern knives as a blade to cut seat belts.

Anyone ever seen or heard of Beecher Knife Co?
Attachments
IMG_5428.JPG
IMG_5438.JPG
IMG_5439.JPG
IMG_5440.JPG
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Beecher Knife Co. - Any Info?

Post by herbva »

knifeaholic wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:29 pm Just picked up this interesting penknife. BEECHER KNIFE CO tang stamp on the large blade.

Whenever I see patent info on a knife, it immediately makes me wonder - what was the patent for? Is there an unusual feature on the knife or relating to its construction?

The thing that is unusual on this one is the small glade - not the almost "Wharncliffe" shape and the blunted tip.

Upon close examination, it appears that the small blade was made with a special "safety" tip - the small blade overall resembles the type of blade sometimes included on modern knives as a blade to cut seat belts.

Steve, let me know if this works. If not, I'll try to figure out some other way to send it to you.
Best regards. Herb
https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch ... df/1135987
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Nice job Herb ! ::tu:: J.O'.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

herbva wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:56 pm
knifeaholic wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:29 pm Just picked up this interesting penknife. BEECHER KNIFE CO tang stamp on the large blade.

Steve, let me know if this works. If not, I'll try to figure out some other way to send it to you.
Best regards. Herb
https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch ... df/1135987

OMG!!!! Thanks so very much Herb!!
wlf

Post by wlf »

Well I don't it was for seat belts Steve. Interesting.

I hope this thread gets more traction.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”