Uncle Henry Knife Age?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
DMLEATH
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Uncle Henry Knife Age?

Post by DMLEATH » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:37 pm

Is it possible to narrow the years down on this Uncle Henry 807-UH? I have researched it a bit and can’t find much. My other question- it says Elanco on shield. What does this stand for?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

cody6268
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Uncle Henry Knife Age?

Post by cody6268 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:13 am

I know of two Elancos--one makes experiment stuff for kids, and the other is a veterinary pharmaceutical company. Given how many Schrades I have seen relating to veterinary pharmaceuticals, my money is on that Elanco.

It wasn't spun off from Eli Lilly until 2019. Schrade had previously produced knives for the former, so my money's on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elanco

As far as date, check the manual/letter in the box, as they often feature a dated copyright. Secondly, I have an 885 in what looks to be the same box, and there is an ad inside for the then-new SP-series lightweight folders--and they were introduced in 1987.

DMLEATH
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by DMLEATH » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:29 am

Cody thanks for that info! It looks like a little older box so late 1980s sounds about right. I find no copyright date on paper.

woodwalker

Post by woodwalker » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 am

You might want to look inside the well for numbers also. I took a picture of an old uncle Henry knife for my boss and someone was able to help date it with numbers inside the knife well. I really dont know anything about old uncle Henry knives. I do like them though. Just a thought. :) I believe my post about my bosses knife was on the Schrade site on here. :)

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”