EDC knives as fashion accessories

A place to watch or share knife related videos.
Bladesman

EDC knives as fashion accessories

Post by Bladesman »

A pocket knife is the cornerstone of a good EDC kit. However I've noticed a recent trend of companies marketing average products that are seriously overpriced. They are looking to sell to that group of people who buy knives as fashion items and not tools. Here are my thoughts on it.
https://youtu.be/hdxADrO9wIQ
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: EDC knives as fashion accessories

Post by garddogg56 »

Hmmmmmm fashioneasters ::shrug::
I would say a quality tool is important for the blue collar workers,Quality cost,a tool is carried with pride.The fashion show comes about when people try to copy others ie Carhartt use to be workingman clothing,not a fashion show that the prepies picked up and have driven up prices cause they think it’s cool.
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Points well spoken.

Bob
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Remember back in the mid to late 70s when everyone had a Buck knife on their belts?!?!
Fashion statement!! 😂😑😂
John 💥
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm Remember back in the mid to late 70s when everyone had a Buck knife on their belts?!?!
Fashion statement!! 😂😑😂
John 💥
I do.
When I was in high school we even wore them in school.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm Remember back in the mid to late 70s when everyone had a Buck knife on their belts?!?!
Fashion statement!! 😂😑😂
John 💥
I remember it well as I assume many of us do. I was in the Army at that time. I had always assumed it was a military fad until I found out later that even civilians were carrying Buck knives by the thousands.

Buck could have touted the 110 and 112 models as “Carried by our Armed Forces nationwide” but they never did as far as I know. They didn’t need to because they were already selling like hotcakes.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

garddogg56 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am Hmmmmmm fashioneasters ::shrug::
I would say a quality tool is important for the blue collar workers,Quality cost,a tool is carried with pride.The fashion show comes about when people try to copy others ie Carhartt use to be workingman clothing,not a fashion show that the prepies picked up and have driven up prices cause they think it’s cool.
I got some Carhartt jeans last year and after about a month working outside in them, they started falling apart :x
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Fashion statement!! 😂😑😂
John 💥
When I was a kid in the 80's I wanted a Buck 110 sooo bad 8) it was the 8) cool knife to have!
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I suspect you could take care of 95% of all the day's problems with an EDC set up of an Electricians TL-29 style knife, a Leatherman tool a small flashlight, a small strong magnet, a short length of wire or 550/para cord ::hmm:: In most cases a good multi-tool (or SAK) is all you really need... ::suspense:: but ::paranoid:: what is the fun in just carrying that ? ::paranoid::?

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:40 am
garddogg56 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:23 am Hmmmmmm fashioneasters ::shrug::
I got some Carhartt jeans last year and after about a month working outside in them, they started falling apart :x
I can’t get a year out of a blanket lined jacket🤬
Redwing boots are getting the same way👎
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

garddogg56 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:19 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:40 am
I can’t get a year out of a blanket lined jacket🤬
Redwing boots are getting the same way👎
[/quote]

I hate to sound like the "old guy complaining" (I see myself as a still youthful and robust young guy... inside an old worn out broken down body) but I got a pair of Teva sandles in the 1990s they were about $50 back then ::hmm:: not cheap, but made in the USA and ::suspense:: They last me over 10 years! I wore them about 2 years in a row everyday and always on the weekends etc. Year later I bought a Chi-Com made pair, again NOT cheap ::disgust:: and they started falling apart almost right away... ::td:: I was using Liquid Nails to hold the soles to bottom of the sandal :x ...

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

You can go on the Facebook page for Northwoods Knives and see this in full blown color. The latest and greatest flashlight,knife and hankie and oh by the way did you see how much I paid for them. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Return to “Knife Related Videos”