Case Large Copperlock with CV Blade?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Fisher

Case Large Copperlock with CV Blade?

Post by Fisher »

Does anyone know if Case ever offered the large (4 1/4" closed) Copperlock with a CV steel blade?

Have a couple mini models and love how sharp they are.

Would be nice to get a large model.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Large Copperlock with CV Blade?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Someone here may know but if not you can ask Case. Send your request to consumer-relations@wrcase.com or call them at 888-442-1932. They can probably tell you if/when they made them. You can also ask Shepherd Hills Cutlery who will probably also know https://www.casexx.com/Others/Contact.asp

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Thanks Ken.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Fisher wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:35 pm Does anyone know if Case ever offered the large (4 1/4" closed) Copperlock with a CV steel blade?

Yes they do. CV blades were offered through several years Top photo for a 6249 box with date from 2021, next photo from 2006
6249cv 2021.jpg
copperhead cv 2006.jpg
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Smitty, while similar, the Copperhead (**49) is not quite the same as the Copperlock (*1549L Large, *1749L Small). The Copperlock is essentially a lockback Copperhead.

I used to collect both Copperheads as well as Copperlocks, and the only large Copperlock (*1549) with a CV blade I have ever seen is the yellow Delrin model with a Wharncliffe blade (31549LW CV). So, to answer the OP question, Yes, Case does (or did) make a large Copperlock with a CV blade but only in yellow Delrin as far as I know. There may be other large Copperlock models with CV steel that I am not aware of.
~Q~
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

QTCut5 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 pm Smitty, while similar, the Copperhead (**49) is not quite the same as the Copperlock (*1549L Large, *1749L Small). The Copperlock is essentially a lockback Copperhead.

I used to collect both Copperheads as well as Copperlocks, and the only large Copperlock (*1549) with a CV blade I have ever seen is the yellow Delrin model with a Wharncliffe blade (31549LW CV). So, to answer the OP question, Yes, Case does (or did) make a large Copperlock with a CV blade but only in yellow Delrin as far as I know. There may be other large Copperlock models with CV steel that I am not aware of.

My mistake "Q". I do know the difference between the Copperhead and CopperLock. I just need to start putting my glasses on sometimes when reading these posts. I miss-read it. I thought it said Copperhead. ::dang:: Or that's what my brain registered. ::uc::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Well, forget about an email response from Case Customer Service since it's been a week and nothing.

Did call both Case and Shepherd Hills yesterday. Both said the large Copperlock is unavailable in CV and if ever offered in the past, they couldn't tell from the information available to them.

Unfortunate since I believe it would be a good offering.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Fisher wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:35 pm Does anyone know if Case ever offered the large (4 1/4" closed) Copperlock with a CV steel blade?

Looks like 2002 is the only year Case offered the CV Copperlock in both Large & Mini sizes with yellow synthetic handle. The large model (31549L CV) also came with a Wharncliffe blade (31549WL CV), but the Mini only came with a clip blade.

Here's one currently for sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175271567473?h ... Sw3~dideLD
Attachments
Copperlock 31549L CV.jpg
2002 Copperlock Box Label.jpg
~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

BTW: unless you happen to like the yellow synthetic handle, you can always have it modified with the handle material of your choice like I did with this Large Copperlock 31549WL CV that Glennbad modified in gnarly stag for me a few years ago.
Attachments
2002 Copperlock Glennbad Mod.JPG
Copperlock Mod 31549WL CV.JPG
~Q~
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Fisher wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:30 pm Well, forget about an email response from Case Customer Service since it's been a week and nothing.
Sorry Fisher, after seeing this I did some checking on the Case web site and learned I gave you a bad email contact. Seems they changed the Consumer Relations email address to cr@caseknives.com a couple of years ago, when they changed their web site name. My bad.
::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”