Tang stamp ID, please?

Ask knife related questions here. Please answer some if you are an experienced collector!
beresman
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Tang stamp ID, please?

Post by beresman » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 pm

I obtained this little pearl-handled knife, marked Solingen and with a (partially worn) graphic tang stamp. I looked at the chart of makers' marks on the German Daggers website, and didn't see anything that matched (I might have missed it, though I did look through twice). Does any part of this look familiar to anyone?

It's only marked on the mark side of the main blade; the secondary is not marked at all.
Attachments
IMG_2341.JPG
Photo on 11-15-21 at 10.37 PM.jpg
Brent

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Tang stamp ID, please?

Post by kootenay joe » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:17 am

I have been looking through Anthony Carter's book on German Knife & Sword makers and so far have not found this logo. I still have about 100 pages to go.
kj

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:28 am

I have looked at every logo shown in Carter's book and i do not see anything that resembles this tang marking. Hence i think it is an uncommon marking maybe not used for very long.
kj

beresman
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by beresman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 am

kootenay joe wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:28 am
I have looked at every logo shown in Carter's book and i do not see anything that resembles this tang marking. Hence i think it is an uncommon marking maybe not used for very long.
kj
Whew! That must have taken some time--thank you for that! I guess knowing that you don't know something is knowing *something*. :lol: :lol:
Brent

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”