Does anyone know why...?

Ask knife related questions here. Please answer some if you are an experienced collector!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Does anyone know why...?

Post by Madmarco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:10 am

Hey guys! I get daily email notifications from www.arizonacustomknives.com , informing me of knives that have been recently listed, and out of the approximate 150 new listings everyday, close to 1/2 of them are Strider knives, EVERYDAY! Would anyone know why this is so, meaning, are they low quality or do they have other problems? Any info is appreciated! Thanks! 8)
8)

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Does anyone know why...?

Post by Railsplitter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 am

Maybe a Strider collector recently read all the disturbing information out there about Mick Strider and decided to sell off his collection.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 am

Railsplitter wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 am
Maybe a Strider collector recently read all the disturbing information out there about Mick Strider and decided to sell off his collection.
Could you elaborate on the "disturbing information about Mick Strider" please Rick? ::shrug:: Thanks! 8)
8)

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:33 am

I don't have any cold hard facts. Try doing a search for "Mick Strider Stolen Valor".
Rick T.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 am

Railsplitter wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:33 am
I don't have any cold hard facts. Try doing a search for "Mick Strider Stolen Valor".
O.K., will do! ::tu:: Thanks Rick! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:52 am

Madmarco wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 am
Railsplitter wrote:
O.K., will do! ::tu:: Thanks R.S.! ::handshake:: 8)
You’re welcome. One would have to form their own personal opinion but there’s no denying that the information is disturbing.

I don’t recall reading any bad information about the knives themselves but I haven’t done any extensive research.
Rick T.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:16 am

Railsplitter wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:52 am
Madmarco wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:38 am
Railsplitter wrote:
O.K., will do! ::tu:: Thanks R.S.! ::handshake:: 8)
You’re welcome. One would have to form their own personal opinion but there’s no denying that the information is disturbing.

I don’t recall reading any bad information about the knives themselves but I haven’t done any extensive research.
I did the search Rick, and it certainly produced some disturbing information regarding Mick Strider. ::facepalm:: Everything I read was backed-up with documented proof, but as you said, each must make up their own mind as to it's validity. The general opinion was that the knives themselves are quality pieces, but not so much regarding the builder's character. I was completely unaware of the entire situation, so thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, I found the info quite interesting. And your assessment that a Strider collector discovered said info, and after reading it sold his whole Strider collection now makes more sense than ever! Mark! 8)
8)

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 am

Interesting timing regarding Strider and this thread. Just yesterday, my brother and I were discussing Strider Knives and Strider's past history and how many are calling him out, and just as many are defending his status.

I didn't read all 82 pages of the thread at Bladeforums...just the first page alone provides enough information to draw from. All this alleged bad history of Strider (aka: Mickey Ray Burger) appears to be plausible and viable information. However, this all happened over 20 years ago and longer.

With that said; the only thing that bothers me about Strider is...that he used his military background as a foundation for validating the making and selling of his knives. If it's not true, then he shouldn't use his military status of 11 months as a valid merchandising premise and seemingly 'make up stuff' to enhance his credentials. He should stand on his own merits. I don't know Strider's heart or mindset today, so I will not judge him harshly, as the BF forum thread does about his past. I believe a person can change and become a viable asset to society.

Furthermore...I have no doubt that Strider makes a GREAT knife, for it's very obvious his knives are selling very well. Way out of my price point, though.

To each their own, if they decide to buy, or not buy...or even support Strider Knives.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by knife7knut » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:52 am

KLJ77 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 am
Interesting timing regarding Strider and this thread. Just yesterday, my brother and I were discussing Strider Knives and Strider's past history and how many are calling him out, and just as many are defending his status.

I didn't read all 82 pages of the thread at Bladeforums...just the first page alone provides enough information to draw from. All this alleged bad history of Strider (aka: Mickey Ray Burger) appears to be plausible and viable information. However, this all happened over 20 years ago and longer.

With that said; the only thing that bothers me about Strider is...that he used his military background as a foundation for validating the making and selling of his knives. If it's not true, then he shouldn't use his military status of 11 months as a valid merchandising premise and seemingly 'make up stuff' to enhance his credentials. He should stand on his own merits. I don't know Strider's heart or mindset today, so I will not judge him harshly, as the BF forum thread does about his past. I believe a person can change and become a viable asset to society.

Furthermore...I have no doubt that Strider makes a GREAT knife, for it's very obvious his knives are selling very well. Way out of my price point, though.

To each their own, if they decide to buy, or not buy...or even support Strider Knives.
I too didn't read all 82 pages of the thread on Blade Forums and I doubt that I ever will bother to do so.I don't know Mick Strider(who picks a name like that anyway?)and probably wouldn't want to.Haven't seen any of his knives but the general consensus seems to be that they are good quality knives.
Playing devil's advocate here for a moment:If you apply the logic of not buying one of his knives based on his past (mis)deeds then I guess you could say you will never buy a knife made in Japan or Germany because of what they did during World War 2 or the same reasoning for not buying any knife made in the People's Republic of China.Where do you draw the line? I could keep rambling but to me it would be pointless.As was stated above: TO EACH THEIR OWN!
Just my humble opinion folks and your mileage may vary.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 am

I don't know Mick Strider(who picks a name like that anyway?
"Strider Knives" sounds much better than "Burger Knives". :mrgreen:
If you apply the logic of not buying one of his knives based on his past (mis)deeds then I guess you could say you will never buy a knife made in Japan or Germany because of what they did during World War 2 or the same reasoning for not buying any knife made in the People's Republic of China.
Not sure if this is directed at me, or just as a general statement overall. However, I will clarify, for my benefit, that my intent was not to imply "I" wouldn't buy a Strider knife based on his past history. If I came across one of his knives with a reasonable price, and I liked it enough to have, then I would buy it. I totally agree with your logic. ::handshake:: It's kind of like those who say; "I'll never buy a china made knife"...yet shop at Walmart three times a week. :roll: (just an example, not an accusation towards anyone)

Thanks for your input, K7K.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by knife7knut » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:20 am

KLJ77 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 am
I don't know Mick Strider(who picks a name like that anyway?
"Strider Knives" sounds much better than "Burger Knives". :mrgreen:
If you apply the logic of not buying one of his knives based on his past (mis)deeds then I guess you could say you will never buy a knife made in Japan or Germany because of what they did during World War 2 or the same reasoning for not buying any knife made in the People's Republic of China.
Not sure if this is directed at me, or just as a general statement overall. However, I will clarify, for my benefit, that my intent was not to imply "I" wouldn't buy a Strider knife based on his past history. If I came across one of his knives with a reasonable price, and I liked it enough to have, then I would buy it. I totally agree with your logic. ::handshake:: It's kind of like those who say; "I'll never buy a china made knife"...yet shop at Walmart three times a week. :roll: (just an example, not an accusation towards anyone)

Thanks for your input, K7K.
No direction intended towards you;just a general observation.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:45 am

At what point can you start believing a liar?
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:47 am

btrwtr wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:45 am
At what point can you start believing a liar?
Good point Wayne! ::tu:: 8)
8)

Airborne 1
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Airborne 1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:37 pm

Mick Berger ,aka "Mick Strider" is a lying scumbag thief. He claimed to be a Ranger in Somolila ,think "Black Hawk Down" His whole military stint is made up ! Stolen Valor. You folks should read more of Spark's post ,the Proof is Damning. ::barf::
C/2/505PIR 11B4P 68-69 (RVN)

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:37 pm

Airborne 1 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:37 pm
Mick Berger ,aka "Mick Strider" is a lying scumbag thief. He claimed to be a Ranger in Somolila ,think "Black Hawk Down" His whole military stint is made up ! Stolen Valor. You folks should read more of Spark's post ,the Proof is Damning. ::barf::
I read the entire post by Spark A.B., and I must agree, there is much documented proof that he claimed all sorts of military action and rank, and used that to promote his business. Once a liar, always a liar! Good knives or not, it's tough supporting anyone who steeps to such low levels. Totally insults the true vets and their real accomplishments. Very sad actually. 8)
8)

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”