WHY???????????

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

WHY???????????

Post by knife7knut » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:00 am

I'm not sure that I really want to post this but ever since I found out about it this afternoon I am really distressed.
Without going into a long story I learned that a very good friend and client of mine was murdered the other day.This was bad enough by itself but when I learned the alleged reason for this crime,I lost it.
My friend Glen Meyers who was 85 years old and very small in stature;a retired machinist who loved to rebuild old motorcycles and cars was in a local Meijer's store in the automotive department when this(for want of a better word) ANIMAL who is 29 years old;about 6ft 4in tall and about 280 lbs.comes up to Glen and stabs him repeatedly killing him. I guess he started looking around for someone else to do in and a lady who witnessed the incident and has a concealed carry permit pulled out her weapon and ordered him to the ground.She held him there until the police arrived.
When questioned about why he did it,he replied that he is homeless and wanted to be sent to prison where he would get three meals a day and a bed!
As if the world hasn't gone far enough to hell in a handbasket. I found out the service was today and sad that I wasn't able to pay my respects to the family. Please find it in your hearts to say a prayer for Glen's family;they are going to need it.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: WHY???????????

Post by Colonel26 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:03 am

I am so sorry! Words fail at times like this. Prayers for family and friends alike.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:43 am

I am so sorry Ray, no one deserves that.

Lord,
I ask that you would bring comfort and peace to Ray and to Glen's family. There is no explanation for this except that when men choose to do evil it effects others as well as themselves.
I hear there are riots in St. Louis tonight as well as other cities. I ask that you would restore peace, justice, the Rule of Law and your presence to America.
I ask that you would restore individual, family, community, state and national relationships and break off the hatred that seems to live so strongly in all of our hearts. Forgive our nation for wandering so far from you.

In the Name of Jesus,
Amen
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet@comcast.net
Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
Rule 9 - Always carry a knife. - Jethro Gibbs

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by samb1955 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:56 am

Hopefully the state that happened in has the death penalty and this guy gets it.

Meridian_Mike
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Meridian_Mike » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:36 am

I am speechless.....
This is such a senseless thing...... I agree...WHY????
Heavenly Father....
When we see evil manifest in such a way, we see that man has lost control of this world. Father, only your power can slow the spread of such evil.
When we see so much evil that is out of control on this earth, we take comfort in knowing that our Lord Jesus will soon come back to this earth to take control and to rule in peace and love.
Father, please comfort the family of this man that was so brutally killed. At times like this, we are glad we can lean on your strength.
In Jesus name we pray....
This scripture came in my daily devotion....
"Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise"
Hebrews 10:35-36
They buried William in the old church yard, And Barbara there anigh him,
And out of his grave grew a red, red rose, And out of hers, a briar.....
They lapped and tied in a true love's knot. The rose ran around the briar.

Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Why, good question. The mental health in this country has gotten bad. Ever since they took God out of schools and government, this country has been going down hill.
Pray that you and the family will get thru this and find some peace.
JP 8)

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Unfortunately the death penalty has been banned in Michigan since 1963.

Sorry for your loss, Ray.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Ray, if this happened to a friend of mine i too would be very upset and angry. Likely it will take a few weeks for the bad feelings to settle down. Please be sure to take good care of yourself. We here at AAPK care about you.
The 29 year old guy must have a mental illness of some sort. 'Normal' people do not kill someone they don't know. He needs help as well as incarceration.

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Ray I don't even know what to say or what to pray at this moment for such a totally senseless crime.
May God be with Glen's family and all that knew him and provide you with some level of peace and
understanding.
David R
Senior Chief U.S. Navy (Ret)
DFW Airport (Ret)
Personal Gallery: https://www.davidsblades.com/

Prayer is Service to one another, Prayer is Obedience and Communication with God, and Evidence of a right relationship with God, Pray each day.

bighomer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by bighomer » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Condolences to you and his family and other friends. I know it's not politically correct, but we used to have places for people with mental problems, now they live on the streets.
Why him ? He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Could happen to any of us. That doesn't make us feel better but it's true none the less. We all need to be as vigilant as possible.
Praying for his family and friends to find some semblance of peace.
::handshake:: ::pray::

carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 pm

....prayers sent, ray................. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ............................

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by samb1955 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm

He will have a rough time in prison if not segregated! That kind of crime doesn't go over well, most of them have a grandpa. Hopefully he'll get his

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:47 pm

So sorry to read this Ray, senseless is an understatement. I don't have the words for how angry this type of thing makes me. Our son mastered in Mental Health counseling. Sadly, he'll never be out of work with people like that in society.

May Glen Rest in Peace...

Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Doc B » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:18 pm

There is nothing that can help anyone understand this. My prayers are with you and his family.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WillyCamaro » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:30 am

Doc B wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:18 pm
There is nothing that can help anyone understand this. My prayers are with you and his family.
Wrong Doc...
God is with anyone who turns to Him in times of trouble, all we have to do is listen.
Many prayers for all involved, it tis heart breaking, I truly understand what it is like to go through times like these. May Lord Jesus comfort all.
::pray::
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”