Covid 19

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
bighomer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Covid 19

Post by bighomer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm

Folks, I need your prayers, my grandson JW has tested positive for covid 19. He was in last weekend to see his girlfriend and parents and exposed them as well as us. He didn't come in our house but we visited with them on the back deck. So keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, thank you, Joe

cudgee
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Covid 19

Post by cudgee » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 pm

bighomer wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:53 pm
Folks, I need your prayers, my grandson JW has tested positive for covid 19. He was in last weekend to see his girlfriend and parents and exposed them as well as us. He didn't come in our house but we visited with them on the back deck. So keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, thank you, Joe
Hope all works out well for all concerned. ::pray::

Steve Warden
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Steve Warden » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Father, You alone are capable of bringing this virus to an end. We pray for You to do so quickly. We pray for You to bless all who have been exposed and/or test positive with Your healing power. I pray this for Joe, his grandson JW, and all the friends and family. Be glorified in all these, in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Gunsil

Post by Gunsil » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:22 pm

Wishing all of them well and a quick complete recovery. I hope most of the virus naysayers here are beginning to get that this pandemic is real and dangerous and that all the faith in the world cannot protect folks from contracting it.

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 am

Joe, you may remember my posts of our family being exposed and my brother and I both coming down with the virus. I know what your feeling right now and the fears you must have. My best advise is to turn it over to our Lord, for only He can provide you comfort of the heart and mind and delivery you safely on the other side of this terrible virus. In times like this I take great comfort in Matthew 6:25-34. God bless you and your family and you are in my prayers.

David R
David R
Senior Chief U.S. Navy (Ret)
DFW Airport (Ret)
Personal Gallery: https://www.davidsblades.com/

Prayer is Service to one another, Prayer is Obedience and Communication with God, and Evidence of a right relationship with God, Pray each day.

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 am

Sorry to read of this, Joe. I will certainly say a prayer for your grandson.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:33 am

Prayers neighbor.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 am

Joe, we'll certainly remember you and the family concerning this exposure. Serious stuff even if it it being politicized. We have experienced several families in our community who have been exposed to a person testing positive and they have had no ill effects from the exposure. They self quarantined for the appropriate time and have gone on with life.
May the Lord bless you and the family to get through this with out any problems will be our prayer. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:25 am

My Granddaughter got sick and tested positive. She was sick for about a week. Her husband tested positive but did not get sick. The baby breezed right through all of that.

One of my cousins got sick and tested positive. She was sick as a dog for a little over a week. Her husband did NOT test positive or get sick. Her granddaughter & boyfriend live in her basement. Both tested positive but never got sick. The baby sailed through it with no ill effects.

It's my opinion, formed by the above experiences, that your chances of getting sick are not as advertised. JMO
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 am

Jerry, this is a very odd illness unlike any other previously know illnesses. From what i have read it seems that about 25% of people who get this virus do not get sick at all. For the 75% who do get sick some are only mildly ill and others get deathly ill and some die. Some of those who die are fit and relatively young. At this point it is not known why there is such a wide variability in how Covid affects people and there is no way to know who will get very sick and who won't.
Because you or i or any of us here could be in the group that gets deathly ill, we all need to follow the safety precautions.
One thing that is known is that spread when outside (e.g. on a deck) is very unlikely. An enclosed space (building, bus, plane, etc.) is needed for enough virus to accumulate to cause an infection. When outside the shed viruses drift off with any breeze and don't build up in any one spot or location.
kj

WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WillyCamaro » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 am

dlr110 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 am
Joe, you may remember my posts of our family being exposed and my brother and I both coming down with the virus. I know what your feeling right now and the fears you must have. My best advise is to turn it over to our Lord, for only He can provide you comfort of the heart and mind and delivery you safely on the other side of this terrible virus. In times like this I take great comfort in Matthew 6:25-34. God bless you and your family and you are in my prayers.

David R
Amen David!
No matter what happens, we have the assurance that are lord and savior will be with us, even to the end.
Prayers and thoughts for everyone in this tough time.
God bless and keep you all.
::pray::
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

eveled

Post by eveled » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 am

Prayers sent for you and your family

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:17 am

There have been many properly done controlled studies that show patients who have a religious faith get better faster and have a higher survival rate than patients who have no religious faith. This is not just for Covid but for all serious medical conditions. Faith helps the body heal.
kj

Meridian_Mike
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Meridian_Mike » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 pm

I pray that God will not only be with you but He will give you COMFORT and give your family COMFORT during the coming days.
Heavenly Father....
The stories we always hear and remember of this disease are generally always bad. BUT.... Father, we know MANY have been healed. We know you love your children and give good gifts to your children just as we do to our children. You are the supreme physician and you know us completely. Even to the number of hairs on our head.
Father, we pray for a complete healing for this family. Let them feel your comfort surrounding them just like a warm blanket.
Dear Father, we give you the praise for all things...... May your will be done.
In Jesus name.
They buried William in the old church yard, And Barbara there anigh him,
And out of his grave grew a red, red rose, And out of hers, a briar.....
They lapped and tied in a true love's knot. The rose ran around the briar.

WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WillyCamaro » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Amen Mike!
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”