A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
woodwalker
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by woodwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm

Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
Attachments
20200731_135523.jpg
20200731_135513.jpg

User avatar
Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2999
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by Doc B » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:00 pm

Those are, indeed, beautiful knives! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

woodwalker
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by woodwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Doc B wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:00 pm
Those are, indeed, beautiful knives! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you Doc B!! ::handshake:: :)

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3243
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:48 am
Location: The Crossroads of America

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by edge213 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:23 pm

woodwalker wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm
Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
They sure did, great group of knives.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

woodwalker
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by woodwalker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:46 pm

edge213 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:23 pm
woodwalker wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm
Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
They sure did, great group of knives.
Thank u sir! ::handshake:: :)

User avatar
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 5923
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by carrmillus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:51 pm

...beautiful!!!....can't beat that old rogers bone!!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .................

User avatar
tongueriver
Posts: 5152
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by tongueriver » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 pm

Yes, indeed! Rogers Bone Company. ::tu::

User avatar
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by Colonel26 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:21 pm

Very nice. I need to dig all mine out for a pic. But as it would happen, I was just about to post this in the “what are you carrying today” thread. Here’s a Camillus 69 that’s in my pocket as we speak.
EE942A0B-1C3B-4DC2-B6A5-27B7307D1390.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

User avatar
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:41 pm

woodwalker wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm
Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
GREAT l👀king collection of Camillus cutlery, Kevin. ::tu::
(Say that three times fast)
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 8927
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by doglegg » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm

woodwalker wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm
Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
Lovely group of knives ww. I'm a little partial to the Camillus bone. ::handshake::

User avatar
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 7772
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by Colonel26 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:45 pm

After looking at yours, I dug mine out. I agree the old Camillus Rogers bone knives were some of the best, and yours look better than mine. Here’s a few more to add to the thread.
4 Camillus 69 short and long line.
4 Camillus 69 short and long line.
Top: StaSharp 4 blade stockman. Bottom: Wards stockman.
Top: StaSharp 4 blade stockman. Bottom: Wards stockman.
Well worn EO 3 line stamp.
Well worn EO 3 line stamp.
1st year Camillus 72
1st year Camillus 72
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 8927
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by doglegg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am

Wade, that is knife porn at it's best. Love them all but that group of 72's is super. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::

woodwalker
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by woodwalker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am

Colonel26 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:45 pm
After looking at yours, I dug mine out. I agree the old Camillus Rogers bone knives were some of the best, and yours look better than mine. Here’s a few more to add to the thread.

82435BB4-04AA-437E-B732-3E6D1E825E9D.jpegBA122BE5-3F54-4103-A569-44E87BEA3946.jpeg63E40DF0-7748-456F-9DC2-50620D7684E6.jpegF808474D-5031-4A5E-8EA5-95AA0521943A.jpeg
WOW Colonel!! Yours are AWESOME! Camillus made some beautiful knives for sure! :)

woodwalker
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by woodwalker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:27 am

doglegg wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 pm
woodwalker wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm
Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
Lovely group of knives ww. I'm a little partial to the Camillus bone. ::handshake::
Thanks Floyd! Your the one that got me interested in the old Easy Openers!

woodwalker
Posts: 1781
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: A few of my Camillus Bone Knives

Post by woodwalker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:29 am

New_Windsor_NY wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:41 pm
woodwalker wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:58 pm
Didnt Camillus make some pretty bone handled knives back in the day! Being primarily a Case guy I neglected Camillus for a while. I shouldn't have! :)
GREAT l👀king collection of Camillus cutlery, Kevin. ::tu::
(Say that three times fast)
Thanks Skip! I sure enjoy seeing your old Camillus bones too! :)

Post Reply

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”