Ka-Bar Knives Identification Help Needed

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Adapptiv

Ka-Bar Knives Identification Help Needed

Post by Adapptiv »

Hello all,

I am looking for some assistance on identifying these two knives that I have. If anyone could tell me about them, what year they are, or any other information as well as what you think they might be worth, would be very helpful.

Thanks so much and God Bless!

Chris
Attachments
D418C85A-03C9-4259-A48D-46FD7B989ADB.jpeg
A61F276F-03F5-453C-942A-684ED3DCA9E6.jpeg
5008E161-B2B8-4667-8D6B-E92BF86063D8.jpeg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ka-Bar Knives Identification Help Needed

Post by peanut740 »

Are the tops of those blades rusted?.Those knives aren't really old.They may have a year date on the back of the tangs.
Roger
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Can we see the backs of the blades? These are not original KA-BARs, they appear to be KA-BAR Collectors Club knives made by Queen in 1977-78. Photos of any markings on the backs of blades will help. They are handsome knives, just not original KA-BARs. Like previously stated, is that rust on the tops of the blades? better photos of the blades will also help. If there is no rust and they are unused they still have value, just not as much as the originals.
Adapptiv

Post by Adapptiv »

Thanks for the replies peeps!

No rust that I can see, was hoping not to have to take them out of the case but at this point I will and put some kore
Images up.

In excellent condition, what’s a pair like this worth?

Thanks again and God Bless....

Chris
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

It took a minute, then I realized the base is a dog’s head. ::doh:: Is this display a factory deal or a homemade display?
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

As Gene said they appear to be the KA-BAR folding hunters that were made in 1977-78.There was a single and a two blade model with stag handles and they had a limited number of serialized sets for sale. Don't know how well that went over because about a year later they were selling unserialized models and I bought one(a two blade)for $25.The tang on the master blade is stamped on the back "11/77" which I assume was the production date.
That display looks familiar but I cannot place it.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

These are fairly common to find in unused condition since they were made as collectors items rather than users. There are at least three on ebay right now, one in auction format, and two with a $250 each asking price. I doubt the seller will get his asking price. I have seen the pair in the original box go for $250 at a knife show. If you take the time to search "sold items" on ebay you should see what they have been selling for. Watch the one in auction format, it will give you a good idea of value.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”