GEC#33 CONDUCTOR

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

GEC#33 CONDUCTOR

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Looks like another old winner coming out. I am down for at least one GEC#33 .
33-conductor.jpg

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: GEC#33 CONDUCTOR

Post by jerryd6818 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Almost tempted to buy another one if they didn't cost so much. I see there's no bail on this one.
Attachments
331211 - Burnt Stag.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kootenay joe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:28 pm

The #33 Conductor is one of my favorite GEC patterns. I really like pen knives. The 2 examples shown above unfortunately look rather 'dull' to me. The ones from 2011 have triple threaded bolsters, great stag with a shield and a bail which further dresses it up.
I hope this new release will have more handle choices than just the 2 that are shown.
And, how about a repeat of the Norfolk pattern that GEC made for Northwoods about 10 or more years ago. The Norfolk is perhaps the most elegant graceful pattern of all folding knives.
kj

Rotten
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rotten » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 am

Thankfully I can sit this release out and rebuild the knife fund.
kootenay joe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:28 pm
The #33 Conductor is one of my favorite GEC patterns. I really like pen knives. The 2 examples shown above unfortunately look rather 'dull' to me. The ones from 2011 have triple threaded bolsters, great stag with a shield and a bail which further dresses it up.
I hope this new release will have more handle choices than just the 2 that are shown.
And, how about a repeat of the Norfolk pattern that GEC made for Northwoods about 10 or more years ago. The Norfolk is perhaps the most elegant graceful pattern of all folding knives.
kj
Mike at CK stated on another forum that these are going to be the only options.
Trace

Onearmbladejunkie
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Onearmbladejunkie » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 pm

GEC is having temporary material shortages. The #33s will made from NOS parts. These GEC#33s will be in low numbers. I want the Tidioute #33 for easier opening. A nail nick closer to the tip of the blade makes a bigger difference for one arm me.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”