M-1 Carbine bayonet repair

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
AzRednek

M-1 Carbine bayonet repair

Post by AzRednek » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:05 am

Hi, I’m new here and this is my first post. If I’m in the wrong forum please advise and I’ll move it. Is there anybody aboard that can repair my M-1 Carbine bayonet?? I’m more than willing to pay a fair price. The bent part I believe is named the Hilt. Can be ordered via EBay. I can order the part if necessary if the repairman is unable to pound or flatten it. I live in Phoenix but won’t have a problem dealing long distance with me paying postage both ways.

Just in case you’re wondering. I took my Grandkids to the range to shoot my US rifles. For the photo op I attached the bayonet while my Granddaughter shot my Carbine. As she shot the hand guard came loose and the bayonet got bent.
Attachments
BC59B059-3FFA-461D-974F-8C73C166431D.jpeg
C5CC1822-A77E-460B-82A3-ADC2E556C7A5.jpeg

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: M-1 Carbine bayonet repair

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:18 pm

AzRednek wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:05 am
Hi, I’m new here and this is my first post. If I’m in the wrong forum please advise and I’ll move it. Is there anybody aboard that can repair my M-1 Carbine bayonet?? I’m more than willing to pay a fair price. The bent part I believe is named the Hilt. Can be ordered via EBay. I can order the part if necessary if the repairman is unable to pound or flatten it. I live in Phoenix but won’t have a problem dealing long distance with me paying postage both ways.

Just in case you’re wondering. I took my Grandkids to the range to shoot my US rifles. For the photo op I attached the bayonet while my Granddaughter shot my Carbine. As she shot the hand guard came loose and the bayonet got bent.
You might try posting your inquiry here:
viewforum.php?f=37
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

Gunsil

Re: M-1 Carbine bayonet repair

Post by Gunsil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:44 pm

The bayo looks like a recent reproduction and likely not worth the money to repair it. You could likely just get another cheaper than fixing that one. Lucky nobody got hurt if the bullet did the damage. The sheath is definitely not an original M4 bayonet sheath and the knife doesn't look right to be an original. Originals with proper sheaths can be had for a hundred bucks depending on maker.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”