Looking for Ivory GEC

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Post Reply
Cbro553
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by Cbro553 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Hey knife people!

I’m on the constant lookout for Elephant Ivory GECs. I have lots to trade, or can buy outright. Let me know what you have, and we’ll see if we can’t work something out!

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 9590
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by kootenay joe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:26 am

Best of luck cbro. There are few ivory GEC collectors here and these knives are now hard to find. Those who have them are hanging on to them.
If you post that you are willing to pay "crazy high price", then some of these collectors might contact you.
Just posting that you are interested is not likely to shake loose any ivory GEC's. But it is worth a try. If it works please let us know by posting in this thread.
kj

Cbro553
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by Cbro553 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 am

kootenay joe wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:26 am
Best of luck cbro. There are few ivory GEC collectors here and these knives are now hard to find. Those who have them are hanging on to them.
If you post that you are willing to pay "crazy high price", then some of these collectors might contact you.
Just posting that you are interested is not likely to shake loose any ivory GEC's. But it is worth a try. If it works please let us know by posting in this thread.
kj
Hey KJ, thanks for the reply!

My GEC ivory collection is a small but not insignificant group of 5 knives, two of which I received from members here, two from social media groups, and one from a dealer. It’s a long shot for sure, but I feel I’d be doing myself a disservice by not exploring all avenues. I’ve got some pretty rare and tempting trade bait, and I’m not afraid to make a good offer for a tusk I like.

So if anyone has something in ivory that they never quite clicked with, or is a pattern they don’t really like or in a safe they haven’t opened in a year and would like to turn it into cash or a pattern they’ve been looking for (or both), feel free to reach out!

Cbro553
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by Cbro553 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Just updating with some particular patterns I’m looking for. If you have any of these patterns, I can make you a very attractive offer!

09
12
13
15
25
45
46
53/54
68
74
79

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 7389
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by doglegg » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:40 pm

I for one would enjoy seeing some pics of the ones you have. I have a few Bulldog ivory knives posted over on the Bulldog forum. Good luck with your quest. ::nod:: ::handshake::

Cbro553
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by Cbro553 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:12 pm

doglegg wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:40 pm
I for one would enjoy seeing some pics of the ones you have. I have a few Bulldog ivory knives posted over on the Bulldog forum. Good luck with your quest. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Thanks for the support! This is my ivory collection as it stands today.
D43EBFB1-1374-4E75-9321-743589617A82.jpeg

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 7389
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by doglegg » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Cbro553 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:12 pm
doglegg wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:40 pm
I for one would enjoy seeing some pics of the ones you have. I have a few Bulldog ivory knives posted over on the Bulldog forum. Good luck with your quest. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Thanks for the support! This is my ivory collection as it stands today.

D43EBFB1-1374-4E75-9321-743589617A82.jpeg
Wow!!! Some very awesome knives. The swell center and the EO are patterns that always catch my eye but those are all exceptional. Good luck on adding to your wonderful collection ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::

User avatar
WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 am
Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by WillyCamaro » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:26 pm

doglegg wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Cbro553 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:12 pm
doglegg wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:40 pm
I for one would enjoy seeing some pics of the ones you have. I have a few Bulldog ivory knives posted over on the Bulldog forum. Good luck with your quest. ::nod:: ::handshake::
Thanks for the support! This is my ivory collection as it stands today.

D43EBFB1-1374-4E75-9321-743589617A82.jpeg
Wow!!! Some very awesome knives. The swell center and the EO are patterns that always catch my eye but those are all exceptional. Good luck on adding to your wonderful collection ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::
I'll second what doglegg said. Mighty fine collection you have there Cbro553 ::tu:: . Can't wait to see what your next one is going to be, keep us posted.
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

Cbro553
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by Cbro553 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:13 pm

WillyCamaro wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:26 pm
doglegg wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Cbro553 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:12 pm


Thanks for the support! This is my ivory collection as it stands today.

D43EBFB1-1374-4E75-9321-743589617A82.jpeg
Wow!!! Some very awesome knives. The swell center and the EO are patterns that always catch my eye but those are all exceptional. Good luck on adding to your wonderful collection ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::
I'll second what doglegg said. Mighty fine collection you have there Cbro553 ::tu:: . Can't wait to see what your next one is going to be, keep us posted.
Willy :D
Thanks, guys! I truly, actually love each of these knives very much. I’ve had some success in my search, over paid for some, made poor trades for others, and was just in the right place at the right time for a couple. Not to mention stalking a handful of collectors.

The 57 Whittler was my biggest score. That’s my favorite GEC pattern, so getting ahold of that one was a big deal for me.

Cbro553
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by Cbro553 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:43 am

Still looking, I would love to score a 78. If anyone has any leads, let me know!

Thanks

User avatar
WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 am
Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Looking for Ivory GEC

Post by WillyCamaro » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:26 am

Will do sir!
I'll go take a snoop around and see if i can come up with anything ::handshake:: .
Willy :D
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

Post Reply

Return to “Want Ads”