Full tang oyster knife blank

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
MJC

Full tang oyster knife blank

Post by MJC » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm

I am looking for a quality full tang Oyster knife blanks with guard. I am in the UK and have some creel boards fished out of the bottom of the North Sea from Scottish fisheries and want to put them to use. I also have a quantity of the Royal Navy teak kept for many years by the Navy as replacement decking for the Royal yacht which I want to put to use. I don't need many as my products are pretty much a minority pursuit and you can see some of the ideas on typenet.com

cody6268

Re: Full tang oyster knife blank

Post by cody6268 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:23 pm

R. Murphy makes a ton of different ones. You could try contacting them about blanks only. Seems like a neat idea!

https://www.rmurphyknives.com/cgi-bin/s ... 648fa4b569

MJC

Post by MJC » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Many thanks. The Sheffield cutlers are all dying out. It was sitting on jockey type saddles without face masks grinding knives and ingesting the metal bits so these days it's much more difficult to get things made. I have just bought pieces from a the first operational fighter jet the Meteor but it will be made into keyrings and even then the steel will come from China.

1967redrider
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1967redrider » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:23 pm

MJC wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm
I am looking for a quality full tang Oyster knife blanks with guard. I am in the UK and have some creel boards fished out of the bottom of the North Sea from Scottish fisheries and want to put them to use. I also have a quantity of the Royal Navy teak kept for many years by the Navy as replacement decking for the Royal yacht which I want to put to use. I don't need many as my products are pretty much a minority pursuit and you can see some of the ideas on typenet.com
So you're in the process of making oyster (shucking) knifes? If so you will have to keep us posted with the end result, I'd love to purchase one.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Want Ads”