To all members.......

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
knife7knut

To all members.......

Postby knife7knut » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:28 pm

This is not a political discussion but merely a warning to those of us who like knives. As most of you know I have been collecting knives for over 60 years now and do not sell them anywhere.
Recently I had posted a thread on a knife site on Face Book about some knives of a specific style similar to one I did on here. I have posted on this site many times with no problems and was shocked when I got a notice saying the post had been rejected due to the content contrary to Face Books ,"standards & practices". When I read further it stated that posts that advertised weapons and ammunition of any type were prohibited. I found out that for some reason the for sale option had been activated which was what brought down the,"Wraith of Zuckerberg" on me.
Not being very computer-literate I finally managed to disable the for sale feature and the post went through. All's well that ends well I thought.
Well it turns out it hasn't ended. I was on there today and went to reply to a schoolmate's post about HIS problems with posting and it wouldn't let me respond. Later on I couldn't even log on to the site and when I finally did get on I could only look at about 5 or 6 posts and that was it.
So I decided to post a rebuff on my time line and guess what? I get a notice saying:"OOPS We're having trouble posting this and will try and fix it as soon as possible." I went in and mollified my language somewhat and it STILL wouldn't go through;so I guess my days of posting there are over.
One of the moderators of the forum has a warning posted about this at the beginning of the site and I am just passing this on to members here. If this post is not appropriate please delete it.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

eveled
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: To all members.......

Postby eveled » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:48 pm

It’s been on the news that lots of people are having issues with social media sites today.

samb1955

Postby samb1955 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm

I think social media like Facebook is overrated. I just don't see putting personal business out for the world to see. I wouldn't do it. No offence.

KleenCut61
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby KleenCut61 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:08 pm

I Received a Notice Facebook and Instagram were" DOWN" Around 2PM This Afternoon, May have just been Bad Timing .. K.C.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 pm

What’s Facebook? :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

KnifeSlinger#81
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby KnifeSlinger#81 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Mumbleypeg wrote:What’s Facebook? :lol:

Ken

I don't know, but it can't be as good as aapk. :D
-Paul T.

Looking for mint GEC 81 abilene stockmans and mint GEC slant bolster 82 dixie stockmans

Some camillus knives for trade:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61320&p=717822#p717822

cody6268

Postby cody6268 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 pm

And it's not political at all. Millions (regardless of political affilation) hate Facebook (myself included) and can't wait to see them burn.

How can a company with no easily discernible products and services make money? By selling your own personal information--that's how.

samb1955

Postby samb1955 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:What’s Facebook? :lol:

Ken

I don't know, but it can't be as good as aapk. :D

Agreed.

Twhite

Postby Twhite » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:59 am

I do no social media. They are all geared to track everything you do. It will end up in all sorts of people’s hands including the government. Not a good thing in my opinion.

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 am

Facebook has been in the Canadian news. We have a Federal election coming up in October of this year and the Cdn. government is wanting Facebook to find and remove posts aimed at manipulating voters. I think FB might be taking down easy targets (nothing to do with voters or politics) so they can say "Look we took down xxxx number of posts this month".
kj

Lansky1

Postby Lansky1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 am

I'm the only one in my office that doesn't do facebook. Don't much care for the owner ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby treefarmer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 am

My wife tells folks, AAPK is "facebook" for old men who like knives! ::nod::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby Colonel26 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:50 am

No Facebook for me either. Aapk is the sum total of my social media.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

zoogirl

Postby zoogirl » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:03 am

treefarmer wrote:My wife tells folks, AAPK is "facebook" for old men who like knives! ::nod::
Treefarmer

Ha! And at least one oldish lady ;)
I do quite a bit of FB but I seldom put up a post of my own. I ‘like’ friends comments and comment on their posts, but I don’t like the drama.
What I do like abt FB is that it gives me the opportunity to stay in touch with friends and family that I don’t see very often. I try to keep my friends list down to people I’ve actually known, even if it was years ago. It’s great for keeping up with the music circle too. I can see friends videos and get info on who’s playing around town.
I think FB can be ok, depending on how you use it and who you present yourself as when you’re posting.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”

Meridian_Mike
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby Meridian_Mike » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm gonna tell y'all sumthin'....

If you want to get in a FIGHT real QUICK.... just get out there on (non) social media and say ANYTHING about guns, knives, politics, religion, SPORTS or most ANYTHING..... SOMEBODY is NOT gonna like it!

To me... social media has turned into a place to go start a disagreement.
I joined back in the day when you could find those old "school chums" you haven't seen in decades but now..... it's a HUGE mess.

Facebook came straight from the devil.....
Go to h-e-double hockey sticks facebook... back to where you came from.

NO, I don't like facebook.....

Mike
:x
"...... are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

Then the jealous crow cried "Cora!...Why do you mock me so? You'll always be a beauty and I, a jealous crow."
The Jealous Crow......Chris Stewart & Back Country

Return to “General Knife Discussion”