I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

A place to discuss military related knives and tools. Conversation relating to objects of war and peace from all eras welcome.
Captain O

I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

Postby Captain O » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:15 am

Amazon had it on sale for $59.90 and I have been considering buying a 'hawk as a "supplement" for my Cold Steel Smatchet. I couldn't afford a Boker Smatchet Much as I wanted one, I couldn't pony up the $400.00 for the beautiful piece of steel.

The Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk is a beautiful piece of 1075 Carbon steel with a nice "beard' coupled with a great piercing second bit. The handle is wrapped in paracord and the hawk seems to be a modern version of the Vietnam Tomahawk without the oak handle. As an anti-personnel 'hawk, this should be effective. I expect a long life of use from this "well-tempered beast". (I did my homework before jumping on this one).

If you want a tomahawk that will be useful for a variety of purposes, this one is worth a look.
This post is approved by Arf The Wonder Chicken. :wink:

cottage hill bill

Re: I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

Postby cottage hill bill » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Your post made me take a look at the Cold Steel Smatchet. Since my collecting is strictly military I don't keep up much with the civilian stuff. It looks like they got it right. I have an original smatchet and frankly the grip is about a comfortable as grabbing a 2X4. To me the US M1910 or M1917CT bolos are a better tool for the purpose even though the blade is smaller. It looks like Cold Steel married the smatchet blade to the M1910 grip. Should be just the ticket.

Captain O

Re: I just "bit" on a Condor Axe & Tools Tomahawk.

Postby Captain O » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 pm

If you buy an Atlantic Cutlery Replica Smatchet you can round off the corners of the handle scales, and obtain a better grip. A good Tomahawk will make a great offensive/defensive piece of steel. (The Condor Axe & Tools CTK4057C14.4 is "all business" and a good bet for the money). ::tu::
This post is approved by Arf The Wonder Chicken. :wink:

Return to “Military Related Knives And Tools”