old Case Knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
pa. hunter

old Case Knife

Post by pa. hunter »

20181214_140725_resized.jpg
20181214_140733_resized.jpg
20181214_140753_resized.jpg
20181214_140800_resized.jpg
Hello everyone I'm new here and I want to thank everyone ahead of time for any help I get while I"m here. I found this old knife at a Estate sale and I'm trying to find out if it has any value and if so how much. It has been polished and cleaned most likely by the previous owner and there is a crack in the one scale. The knife is about 3 and 3/4 inches folded and opened about 6 and 3/4 inches. Also if anyone would be interested in it for their collection just let me know and thanks again
RalphAlsip

Re: old Case Knife

Post by RalphAlsip »

Nice find! I believe the appropriate description for this knife would be:

Case Tested XX 61051 LP with guard in green bone with diamond shield. The closed length should be 3 7/8" which is in the ballpark of the 3 3/4" that you mentioned. In the picture with the blade closed, it looks like the blade does not close all the way because the tip of blade is visible above the knife frame.
pa. hunter

Post by pa. hunter »

It does close all the way actually it snaps shut with authority. I think what might be going on is the tip of the blade may have been broke off and reshaped ? not sure but it looks that way, thanks for the help, any idea on the value ?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

WELCOME!!! Nice Score! That's real nice!! ::tu::
John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Sargent's last price guide shows a mint value for this knife of $900. Shortened, re-profiled blade and handle crack hurt an otherwise very nice looking old knife. I would put this knife in current condition in a $150 ballpark. One opinion. Thanks for showing it. It is a very hard to find knife.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
pa. hunter

Post by pa. hunter »

First I want to thank everyone for the help with the information on this knife. I've since sold the knife to a member here, Thank You.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Merry Christmas to you pa.hunter. That is a beautiful knife and I’m glad it’s going to one of the “family”.

I hope you’ll stick around a spell. Great bunch of folks here.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
pa. hunter

Post by pa. hunter »

oh I"m not going anywhere lots to learn here and you guys are a great group thanks again!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”