My New EDC ( Kizer )

A place to discuss modern tactical knives including automatics, assisted openers, and more.
User avatar
outkast
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 8:38 pm

My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby outkast » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:34 am

Got my first Kizer (Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara). I love everything about it. Weight, size, grip, only complaint a little dull outta the box. Without a doubt this is my new EDC. Last 2 pics are the real deal Matt Cucchiara I acquired in a collection of customs,that knife is a beast.

Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 3.jpg

Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 4.jpg

Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 5.jpg

Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 6.jpg

Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 8.jpg

Kizer Dukes Matt Cucchiara 9.jpg

Matt Cucchiara 1.jpg

Matt Cucchiara 2.jpg

KleenCut61
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am
Location: Ulster Co, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby KleenCut61 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Most impressive Examples , Very Nice ! ::tu:: Thanks For Posting K.C.( Would you Consider there Being a Break -in Period for Those ,And What Sort of Recommendations do The Maker Have as to Warranties and Maintanance ,) Why This Particular Maker ?What sold You On These? Sorry for the Third degree :mrgreen: I like what I see , And was Curious as to The Life expectancy of them , Seeing how there Pretty fast action Flippers I am sure :D (The Pros and cons ) Simplicity and Elegance For a EDC ::nod:: I will do some research on my own , But a Point In The right direction would be most appreciated . Thank You very Much __Joe ::tu::

User avatar
outkast
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby outkast » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 pm

KleenCut61 wrote:Most impressive Examples , Very Nice ! ::tu:: Thanks For Posting K.C.( Would you Consider there Being a Break -in Period for Those ,And What Sort of Recommendations do The Maker Have as to Warranties and Maintanance ,) Why This Particular Maker ?What sold You On These? Sorry for the Third degree :mrgreen: I like what I see , And was Curious as to The Life expectancy of them , Seeing how there Pretty fast action Flippers I am sure :D (The Pros and cons ) Simplicity and Elegance For a EDC ::nod:: I will do some research on my own , But a Point In The right direction would be most appreciated . Thank You very Much __Joe ::tu::


First off the Kizer will be 1 of 3 knives I EDC. It will have it's uses. I carry an old Klein & Sons Electricians knife that gets to do all the dirty work.
Klein & Sons.jpg


1 ~ Break-In ~ Out of the box I don't feel the knife needs much. As mentioned it's not quite as sharp as I like. Action is good requires a little flip of the wrist imagine it will loosen up a little.

2 ~ Warranties & Maintenance ~ Pretty much your run of the mill Limited Lifetime (To the Original Owner) against defects. Void for misuse, neglect, disassembling, etc... Maintaining again nothing special recommended, keep lubricated and clean. At Blade Show I picked a oil pen of Quick Release by Latama Cutlery I'll be trying it out. I think think Microtech recommends using it on their knives.
https://latama.net/pages/quick-release-oil

3 ~ Why Kizer & What Sold Me ~ I had seen a lot of people posting Kizers on other sites and saw this particular model and really liked it. Even more so
when I realized it was a Matt Cucchiara design (who I had never heard of til I acquired the other knife about a year ago). I'm also a fan of the Red Micrta/G10.
Untitled.jpg

20180603_164759-1.jpg

20180603_164929-1.jpg

KleenCut61
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am
Location: Ulster Co, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby KleenCut61 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Thank You Kindly Outcast ::handshake:: That " Dukes " Has got High Marks from My Stand Point , I no Micarta ! and there is High Quaility look to that Knife , Even willing to bet the handles absorb the Sound & shock of Fast opening :mrgreen: Stout Knife that Klein of Yours , I had several maker Electricions Knives, Quit buying them when I ended up with a mint Klein .. :lol: I Quick Release all my ABEC 7 Bearings in my Reals so you can be shore that's The " STUFF" ..Thanks again .. I will Be on the look out for Red Micarta ::tu:: Hope I find one as nice .. K.C.

User avatar
outkast
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby outkast » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 pm

KleenCut61 wrote:Thank You Kindly Outcast ::handshake:: That " Dukes " Has got High Marks from My Stand Point , I no Micarta ! and there is High Quaility look to that Knife , Even willing to bet the handles absorb the Sound & shock of Fast opening :mrgreen: Stout Knife that Klein of Yours , I had several maker Electricions Knives, Quit buying them when I ended up with a mint Klein .. :lol: I Quick Release all my ABEC 7 Bearings in my Reals so you can be shore that's The " STUFF" ..Thanks again .. I will Be on the look out for Red Micarta ::tu:: Hope I find one as nice .. K.C.


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071W ... UTF8&psc=1

KleenCut61
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am
Location: Ulster Co, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby KleenCut61 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 am

Thank you ! ::handshake:: With only 5 Left They Refused to sell to my address .. ::bad_day:: K.C. ::teary_eyes::

User avatar
XX Case XX
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 2371
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:24 pm
Location: California

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby XX Case XX » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 pm

KleenCut61 wrote:Thank you ! ::handshake:: With only 5 Left They Refused to sell to my address .. ::bad_day:: K.C. ::teary_eyes::

Right here Brother...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kizer-Dukes-Va ... kizer.TRS1

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

KleenCut61
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am
Location: Ulster Co, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby KleenCut61 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:05 am

XX Case XX wrote:
KleenCut61 wrote:Thank you ! ::handshake:: With only 5 Left They Refused to sell to my address .. ::bad_day:: K.C. ::teary_eyes::

Right here Brother...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kizer-Dukes-Va ... kizer.TRS1

_________
Mike
::ds:: ::handshake:: Got One .. Snagged 1 of 2 . ::tu:: Thinking of all kinds of ways to get one , U no Trick the Po , Amazon whom ever :lol: Right On Brother . ::nod:: _ K.C.

User avatar
colin.p
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Re: My New EDC ( Kizer )

Postby colin.p » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Nice knife. Unfortunately I don't think that model is available up here. However, I bought a Sliver a couple months ago and it is a very nice knife (albeit a rather slim design that makes it somewhat a challenge for my old arthritic hands to hold on to).

I had to order a new clip from Kizer, as I broke the original clip trying to bend it. Took about a month to get it from China.


Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests