A pair of Queens from the Easton PA show

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
bdev

A pair of Queens from the Easton PA show

Post by bdev »

Picked up these two at the Easton PA show.

First is a S&M 043299 Whittler with Winterbottom Bone. Made in 2004.
Second is a QCCC 06 Teardrop in Amber Winterbottom Bone.

The show was good and if you were looking for a Case knife, it had to be there. Tons of Case knives. Hardly any older Queens. There were a few but nothing that I wanted to take home with me. Also couldn't pass up a 3 dollar Colonial Barlow in very good condition.
My son bought a Case barbed wire series Muskrat. He also bought a forged railroad spike knife. Very different.

BTW.....I was at a vendors table where I bought the teardrop. Ryan Daniels was talking to that vendor and said that Queen was done. They're not going to re-open the factory. An end of an era. :(
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A pair of Queens from the Easton PA show

Post by doglegg »

bdev wrote:Picked up these two at the Easton PA show.

First is a S&M 043299 Whittler with Winterbottom Bone. Made in 2004.
Second is a QCCC 06 Teardrop in Amber Winterbottom Bone.

The show was good and if you were looking for a Case knife, it had to be there. Tons of Case knives. Hardly any older Queens. There were a few but nothing that I wanted to take home with me. Also couldn't pass up a 3 dollar Colonial Barlow in very good condition.
My son bought a Case barbed wire series Muskrat. He also bought a forged railroad spike knife. Very different.

BTW.....I was at a vendors table where I bought the teardrop. Ryan Daniels was talking to that vendor and said that Queen was done. They're not going to re-open the factory. An end of an era. :(

DSC_0025.JPGDSC_0034.JPG
Two good ones Bruno, I'm a sucker for whittlers but that teardrop is gorgeous.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Something tells me that Pappa Daniels (and his lawyers) would not be pleased about Ryan talking out of school.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Bruno those are both drool worthy! ::drool:: ::drool::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Those are two nice ones Bruno, sorry I didn't run into you there. May as well piggyback on your post. I picked up this Queen fixed blade at the show. Had seen them at the Lewisburg show but had spent my money by then. I just like the Outers pattern they used on these and the blade grind is attractive too. Does anyone know what the model name/number is on this? Came with a sheath but no box.

Ryan D said as much to me as well. Disappointing news. He did say they were working to keep the Tuna Valley knives available.
Attachments
Queen outers pattern.JPG
Queen Outers tang.JPG
steve99f
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I missed meeting you Bruno, and Steve I can't believe I didn't run into you there since I'd recognize you. I did run into Steve (BladeBuddy). I don't know the model name for your knife Steve, it is a re-make of an antique Queen pattern, I have had a few originals and have one left. That is not a bottle cap lifter on that knife by the way, Mike Sullivan, ex Queen collector's Club president believes it was for uncapping mason jar lids after unscrewing the top ring. It will not work on bottles very well at all. Hope you all had a good time there, I got myself a KA-BAR large fish knife which I never had before, a T49 5&1/4" long closed. I had never seen one which is odd to me since I have soooo many KA-BARs. Stopped by the Blue Ridge flea on the way down, got nothing, stopped by there again on the way home and found a near mint Catt sleeveboard pen with Christmas tree scales and got it cheap. The show had some empty tables but it is the first year for it at the Chrin Center. Bill Goodman said he is thinking of moving the spring show and changing the date.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

steve99f wrote:Those are two nice ones Bruno, sorry I didn't run into you there. May as well piggyback on your post. I picked up this Queen fixed blade at the show. Had seen them at the Lewisburg show but had spent my money by then. I just like the Outers pattern they used on these and the blade grind is attractive too. Does anyone know what the model name/number is on this? Came with a sheath but no box.

Ryan D said as much to me as well. Disappointing news. He did say they were working to keep the Tuna Valley knives available.
That is a looker Steve. Very nice.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Gunsil wrote:I missed meeting you Bruno, and Steve I can't believe I didn't run into you there since I'd recognize you. I did run into Steve (BladeBuddy). I don't know the model name for your knife Steve, it is a re-make of an antique Queen pattern, I have had a few originals and have one left. That is not a bottle cap lifter on that knife by the way, Mike Sullivan, ex Queen collector's Club president believes it was for uncapping mason jar lids after unscrewing the top ring. It will not work on bottles very well at all. Hope you all had a good time there, I got myself a KA-BAR large fish knife which I never had before, a T49 5&1/4" long closed. I had never seen one which is odd to me since I have soooo many KA-BARs. Stopped by the Blue Ridge flea on the way down, got nothing, stopped by there again on the way home and found a near mint Catt sleeveboard pen with Christmas tree scales and got it cheap. The show had some empty tables but it is the first year for it at the Chrin Center. Bill Goodman said he is thinking of moving the spring show and changing the date.
Gene thanks for the info on this Queen, I thought the hook was a caplifter. I've looked at the Queen Catalogs still up on the website and didn't find this knife in 2017, 2016 or 2015. Would still like to know. I'll check the KAbar page Gene for your knife. Sounds like a rare one.
steve99f
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

I thought it looked too good to leave there doglegg. I am a sucker for a swedged blade and jigged bone. ::tu::
steve99f
bdev

Post by bdev »

Gunsil wrote:I missed meeting you Bruno, and Steve I can't believe I didn't run into you there since I'd recognize you.
I didn't meet anybody 'cause I don't know what anybody looks like. :mrgreen:

Curious....How would you recognize me without ever seeing me before?
PS....It's OK to say you'd look for the only guy in the room that looked like a Bruno. ::ds::
bdev

Post by bdev »

steve99f wrote:Those are two nice ones Bruno, sorry I didn't run into you there. May as well piggyback on your post. I picked up this Queen fixed blade at the show. Had seen them at the Lewisburg show but had spent my money by then. I just like the Outers pattern they used on these and the blade grind is attractive too. Does anyone know what the model name/number is on this? Came with a sheath but no box.

It's a pattern 23.
Here's a pic from the Queen website.
e7f2acacb26949a99a522b46ddc6dd4d.jpg
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

bdev wrote:
Gunsil wrote:I missed meeting you Bruno, and Steve I can't believe I didn't run into you there since I'd recognize you.

PS....It's OK to say you'd look for the only guy in the room that looked like a Bruno. ::ds::
Gee whillickers!! I did send you a PM stating my build and what hat I'd be wearing and the color of my jacket. Come on out to the NCCA mystic show next weekend and it will be easier to spot me, I'll have two tables of antique knives and a name badge. Still be wearing the same tan ball cap with Squid Row Menemsha embroidered on it. Stop by and say hello!
bdev

Post by bdev »

Gunsil wrote:
bdev wrote:

Gee whillickers!! I did send you a PM stating my build and what hat I'd be wearing and the color of my jacket. Come on out to the NCCA mystic show next weekend and it will be easier to spot me, I'll have two tables of antique knives and a name badge. Still be wearing the same tan ball cap with Squid Row Menemsha embroidered on it. Stop by and say hello!
That you did Gunsil......that you did. ::facepalm:: I did look for a while ::paranoid:: but those dang knives on all those tables kept my head in the down position most of the day. I'd love to go to the Mystic show but have too much to do around the house next weekend.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Thanks for the ID on my knife Bruno. I need to get an AAPK hat for these shows. ::tu::
steve99f

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”