So I worked on the switchblade again tonight and was able to get it roughed in and together. I sanded the scales to fit the liners then pinned them into place. I usually peen one side of the pins before installing them into the knife. Then I just need to trim the pin on the inside of the liner and peen it into place. This helps prevent damage to the knife handle scales.I also put multiple layers of masking tape on the handle scales and on my anvil to prevent damaging the outer pins;
Here's all the parts laid out for assembly. It was during this stage that I discovered that the spring wasn't the corrent spring for this knife. It was close so I decided to go ahead and assemble the knife;
When I peen the pivot pin I use a .004 inch feeler gauge with a notch cut out of it, placed between the blade and the Liner to ensure theres enough clearance for the blade to pivot freely;
So here's the final finished pics of the knife. It still needs a bit of finish polishing but all in all it turned out okay;
I'll finish polishing the scales a bit more tomorrow, see if any pins need to be touched up and then its on to the next project!
If it ain't broke, you're not trying!