Any info on Buddy Manley Knives?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
carolinahillbilly

Any info on Buddy Manley Knives?

Post by carolinahillbilly »

Stopped by a garage sale today and saw a couple of knives. Asked about them and all I got that was they were made by a guy from South Florida named Buddy Manley around 1999. They looked to be in near new condition with no shown wear. I tried to do some research when I got home and found no information on this maker. Does anyone have any information on this maker and the quality / value of his knives?
carolinahillbilly

Re: Any info on Buddy Manley Knives?

Wanted to post a follow-up. I went back the next day to look at the knives again. They had a total of four knives made by this maker for sale. I ended up buying all four as they made me a good deal. Here are pics of all four knives. From what they told me the maker was out of Sebring Florid who made knives from Mid 1980s through early 2000s and no longer is in the knife business.

If anyone has any additional information it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
BM-AAPK-1.jpg
BM-AAPK-2.jpg
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I know nothing about the maker, but those are fabulous looking knives! Very cool.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I also know nothing about the maker but they are all lovely knives. An instant collection. Really like the two in the bottom pic. And thanks for the follow up. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

::tu:: 8) ::tu:: Those are NICE!!!
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Manley's full name was Clinton J. Jr (Buddy) Manley out of Zolfo Springs, Fl.

I am a member of Knife Magazine, so I logged in to see what other information they had on Manley, but KM didn't have any further info listed on Manley. Sorry I can't provide more info. You have a wonderful set of knives that are probably quite a collectors treasure. I believe you made a GREAT decision in picking those up. ::tu::

WORKING YEARS:
1974-1980S

https://www.knifemagazine.com/knife-mak ... dy-manley/
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
carolinahillbilly

Thanks to everyone on the information. I am tracking down a friend of mine who lives in south Florida to see if he has heard of Buddy Manley and knows anything about his knifes.

jim
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Very nice! They look well made! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Moose0013

Post by Moose0013 »

Buddy is actually a good friend of my family. We used to train bird dogs together and yes, he is located in Sebring, Fl. Those bottom 2 are Manley skinners and used to retail for about $325 if my memory serves me correctly. I have one myself. It's been my go to skinning knife since 2008. What did you want to know about then and what did you pick them up for if you don't mind me asking? Beautiful hand made blades there!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Moose0013 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:44 am Buddy is actually a good friend of my family. We used to train bird dogs together and yes, he is located in Sebring, Fl. Those bottom 2 are Manley skinners and used to retail for about $325 if my memory serves me correctly. I have one myself. It's been my go to skinning knife since 2008. What did you want to know about then and what did you pick them up for if you don't mind me asking? Beautiful hand made blades there!
Welcome and share a pic or two of your skinner. ::handshake::

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”