Sabre Daddy Barlow

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:44 pm

Just bought this one at my local antique store. Big slabs of sawcut bone. Liking this handful of bone and steel. Thanks for looking. :)
Attachments
20201017_164055.jpg
20201017_164039.jpg
20201017_163603.jpg
20201017_163552.jpg
20201017_163456.jpg
20201017_163445.jpg

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by doglegg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Very knice. ::nod:: ::tu::

woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 pm

Thanks Floyd. Solid knife with warm bone handles. This is the finest SABRE I have. I was quite surprised how well built it is. ::handshake:: :)

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 11041
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: West Kootenays, B.C.

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by kootenay joe » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm

I have owned a few well made Sabre folding knives, made in Japan. I think Sabre had some knives, fixed blade ?, made in USA.
kj

woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:37 pm

kootenay joe wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm
I have owned a few well made Sabre folding knives, made in Japan. I think Sabre had some knives, fixed blade ?, made in USA.
kj
Thanks KJ! This one is nice! ::handshake::

User avatar
Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 3483
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by Doc B » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 am

I have a couple Sabre stockmen, that were my Grandfather's. I think they are better than the credit they are given. That's a nice looking one!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am

Doc B wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 am
I have a couple Sabre stockmen, that were my Grandfather's. I think they are better than the credit they are given. That's a nice looking one!
Thank you Doc B!! I think some of the Sabre knives are indeed good! Appreciate you! ::handshake:: :)

User avatar
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 9223
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: The Heart of Dixie.
Contact:

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by RobesonsRme.com » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:31 pm

When I was a boy, there was a Sabre countertop display case at Lane’s Drug Store.

There was a decal on the knife board that read, “$1.99 Your Choice!”

Don’t recall if the Daddy Barlow was there.

Don’t let that price discourage you from hunting Sabre knives, Case knives were not a whole lot more back then.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:43 pm

RobesonsRme.com wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:31 pm
When I was a boy, there was a Sabre countertop display case at Lane’s Drug Store.

There was a decal on the knife board that read, “$1.99 Your Choice!”

Don’t recall if the Daddy Barlow was there.

Don’t let that price discourage you from hunting Sabre knives, Case knives were not a whole lot more back then.

Charlie
Thank you Charlie. I never knew Sabre knives had these bone handles. I have a fake pearl watermelon knife that is a Sabre and another Daddy Barlow Sabre with plastic handles. I seen this bone handled one a few months back and couldn't get it off my mind. So when me and my wife were back up at Cape Girardeau antique store it was still there so I just had to have it. I like the Daddy Barlow's looks. Thank you for your nice comments and know that the Pearl Tiny Robeson Barlow you gifted me a few years back still holds a special spot in my display cabinet. I dont carry it but I admire it often! ::handshake:: :)

Reverand
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:45 pm
Location: Pisgah, AL
Contact:

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by Reverand » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 am

That is a beautiful knife!
Sabre's are like a lot of knives - their quality and design may vary widely based upon many factors.
Some are shell-handled, while others (like yours) are of higher quality and traditional build.
It looks really good, and probably holds a great edge!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:58 am

Reverand wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 am
That is a beautiful knife!
Sabre's are like a lot of knives - their quality and design may vary widely based upon many factors.
Some are shell-handled, while others (like yours) are of higher quality and traditional build.
It looks really good, and probably holds a great edge!
Thank you Reverand. I was very happy to have found it. I put a very sharp edge on it. Lot of blade and handle on this one. I couldn't be happier with it. I appreciate your kind words! ::handshake:: :)

Hideaway Knives
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by Hideaway Knives » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm

The wear look looks great on this one :)

User avatar
1967redrider
Silver Tier
Silver Tier
Posts: 6417
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA
Contact:

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by 1967redrider » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Awesome knife in great condition, nice find! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by TPK » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Congrats Buddy! ::handshake:: Great looking find! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::super_happy::
YF,
TOM :D


"Failure & Success..., I have tried to learn equally from both."
Thomas DeVore_"Dayreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's & "72's"!
"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

woodwalker
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Sabre Daddy Barlow

Post by woodwalker » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Hideaway Knives wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm
The wear look looks great on this one :)
Thank you sir! ::handshake:: :)

Post Reply

Return to “General Knife Discussion”