Whether we like them or loath them, Chinese manufactured knives have found their way into collections of all sorts across the entire globe. The intent of this forum is to offer a place where AAPK members can discuss the knives and not the politics.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member of the forum. I look forward to participating in great discussions. Although I am new at collecting slipjoint knives, I have been able to acquire a listing or resource that I hope will be of benefit to those that collect Rough Rider knives. I have sent the administrator a spreadsheet that I am in hopes he will be able to post the spreadsheet so everyone can have this resource. I believe it lists all Rough Rider knives that have been sold by SMKW. I contacted them and explained that I was doing research and Mr. Pipes was kind enough to have his staff prepare a spreadsheet that listed by date sold all RR knives. The listing has the RR number or item number, year first sold, a description of the type knife (barlow, whittler, canoe, etc.), number of blades, length of blades, length of knife closed, handle material, color, etc. I do not know if the administrator will post the spreadsheet in this section of the forum or elsewhere, but I do hope it gets posted. The spreadsheet is in "OpenOffice format" but should be accessible to those that use 'Excel".
Although new to collecting knives, I have been able to acquire 30 Case and 36 Rough Rider knives in the last couple months. I enjoy reading your post about knives you have. Hopefully, I will be able to make a meaningful contribution in the future. :D

Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: New member

Post by Quick Steel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Welcome aboard sir. ::handshake:: Hope you will post some photos of your knives from time to time.
"Life is good if you don't weaken." AG Russell

EyeBJoe

Post by EyeBJoe » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

WELCOME TO AAPK !!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to have you aboard. Wow !!! If you've purchased 66 knives in the last couple months, you are galloping ahead of most of us. ::tu::

Joe D.

Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Doc B » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Welcome to AAPK! ::welcome::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Glad to have you here. Thanks for bringing and sharing your work!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Welcome to AAPK
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

cudgee
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by cudgee » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Welcome my friend. Looks like you're done for, the addiction has got hold of you. ::handshake:: ::tu:: :wink:

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Welcome aboard! I hope to see that spreadsheet. I didn’t see if you are including number of knives produced or not? I would be surprised if Kevin would let that information out, but it would be great information to have.
Post some pictures of your knives.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:14 pm

[attach
thumbnail_IMG_2316.knife.chest.jpg
ment=1]thumbnail_IMG_2385knives.cases.1.jpg[/attachment]
Hopefully these pictures come thru showing the cobbled together effort to make storage cases/chest for my knife collection These are not all of my knives as these pictures are several weeks old. The one storage case is three tier, while the other is only 2 tier. The chest is used for the few non-slipjoint knives (fixed blade) and the original boxes that came with the new knives. I also use the chest to store my lansky sharpener, wiping clothes, etc.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2385knives.cases.1.jpg

samb1955

Post by samb1955 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Welcome from Indiana.

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Welcome and knice set up. ::handshake::

treefarmer

Post by treefarmer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Howdy Louisville.Boy1947, ::welcome:: to AAPK! Nice looking storage cabinets, looks like you are all set to feed your new addiction. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Cletus Awreetus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Cletus Awreetus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:54 pm

I don't know boys, from the looks of that beautiful storage chest and collection I'd say we got us a ringer here! haha
welcome Louisville. ::tu::
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-

Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 pm

No ringer here. Just an old retired Louisvillian (KY) that enjoys woodworking. I still have not heard from the administrator where he/she will be posting the spreadsheet on the RR knives. Kevin did not provide any info on the number of each item/model sold. Anyone else from Louisville on the forum?

Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:48 am

Here is the link the administrator gave me so you can access the spread sheet of information on Rough Rider knives. I hope it is useful to those that collect RR knives. Thanks go out to Mr. Pipes at SMKW for getting his staff to prepare this spread sheet.

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/pa ... dsheet.htm

UPDATE
This link only has a portion of the information submitted. It eliminated one of the most important columns that gave info on length of knife closed, in some cases additional info on the shield, etc. I have contacted the administrator to try to get the complete file posted. During the interim, if anyone wants the complete file in "OpenOffice" format, you can PM me with your email address and I will send you the complete file.

Return to “Chinese Factory Manufactured Knives”