Kubey D2 Sheath Knife review

Stop by here to announce or review any new product that has recently hit the market or to announce products that are scheduled for release in the knife market.
old4570

Kubey D2 Sheath Knife review

Post by old4570 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:42 am

A) Medium sized monolithic D2 Sheath knife
B) Comes with a Kydex Sheath
C) Heavy knife for its size
D) 250 slices of rope , but whos edge ? Factory or previous owner ? ( ?? )

So cant vouch for the edge , but did 250 slices on the rope . Then sharpened it on the guided knife sharpener . Steel was certainly not the hardest I have ever encountered , Nor the softest . Though the 180 grit diamond ATE the steel with little issue . ::facepalm::
Knife has been re sharpened , so another rope slicing event is due .

The knife is heavy for its size . The centre of gravity is at the forward screw that holds the scales in place . This makes the knife very controllable , but also with the kydex sheath places the CG high on the belt . Do you really want to feel this monolith moving around on your belt ?
I ordered a leather sheath that looked like a good fit . CG is much lower , and I wore the knife around the house for a few hours and even with all that weight . It was actually quite comfortable on the belt ( Leather Sheath ) . I was worried it would pull my pants down , but alas no such worries .

I like it , it's monolithic , fits the hand well , is controllable , sharpens easily and hopefully will do better in the next rope session .
But is no competition for my $25 500+ Slicers I picked up recently . ::shrug::
So , even though I like it the blade steel is disappointing . Well , we will see what happens with further testing .

Return to “New Product Announcements and Reviews”