GEC Factory tour

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Lansky1

GEC Factory tour

Post by Lansky1 »

I stumbled on these video's - I found they answered a lot of questions I had about how knives are made ... and was surprised how much hand work is involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeHWa5jyO74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-OpahW7EA#t=3.6485421
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
jmh58

Re: GEC Factory tour

Post by jmh58 »

Took the tour myself.. Very interesting!! Also did the CASE tour twice.. That was kool too.. ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Thx for the link I throughly enjoyed watching that. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The GEC video factory tour sure increases my appreciation of all the work & steps involved in making a folding knife. In addition to the skilled & dedicated workers there must be at least a million dollars worth of machine tools. Rather than being 'over-priced', i now am impressed that GEC is able to keep prices low relative to the costs involved. In fact GEC knives are an exceptionally good deal at current prices is the only conclusion possible after seeing how much is involved in making a folding knife.
kj
whit107

Post by whit107 »

Took the drive to Titusville early this year. Mr Howard gave me and wife a tour. Two things amazed me, one was the young girl at the end of the process that sharpened knives by hand and the fact that Mr Howard took my 42 pattern to take blade play out of and then realized it was my carry knife. He said " mailing this wont due. Go have lunch and come back in an hour" When I returned my knife was repaired, polished and sharpened all free of charge. Great people great operation. Buy em boys by the ton
Life is far too short to carry a bad knife.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

whit107 wrote:Took the drive to Titusville early this year. Mr Howard gave me and wife a tour. Two things amazed me, one was the young girl at the end of the process that sharpened knives by hand and the fact that Mr Howard took my 42 pattern to take blade play out of and then realized it was my carry knife. He said " mailing this wont due. Go have lunch and come back in an hour" When I returned my knife was repaired, polished and sharpened all free of charge. Great people great operation. Buy em boys by the ton
AMAZING customer service right there ! I'm becoming a GEC fan ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Return to “General Knife Discussion”