Pocket Knife/Revolver

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Treasure Trawler

Pocket Knife/Revolver

Post by Treasure Trawler »

Anyone out there got one of these? Curious to see how it shoots?
2A4F38CF-10BA-4412-ABF3-F2BC193027EF.png
The grass withers the flower fades but the Word of our God stands forever. Isa 40:8
Gunsil

Re: Pocket Knife/Revolver

Post by Gunsil »

Pretty odd they call it a revolver in that ad since it is a single shot. These things are federally illegal and dangerous to discharge with modern .22 ammo. I have fired one using CB caps since modern .22 longs are much higher velocity than those made in the 1920s when these knives were made and could easily blow the chamber out. They also have no barrel, the slug comes straight out of the chamber, I could not hit a 12" by 36" board at ten feet. I could hit it at five feet. They were made for trappers to dispatch trapped animals at VERY close range. Like inches from the trapped animal's head. They are rare,collectible, and valuable with nice working examples selling for over a grand, just don't get caught with one in your pocket in public. They also made a pen knife model with two small blades and a chamber for a .22 short. If my memory serves, the larger one shown was called "Huntsman", and the pen knife one "Defender". Not saying I have one, just that I am familiar with them and know somebody who let me shoot his.

I have also seen British made versions in .22 and .32 rimfire. Often the Brit versions are much nicer looking with bone or stag handle scales. The American model like shown have plain nickel plated steel scales.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I notice in the first ad they mention a,"Baby Hammerless" model. Here is what one of them looks like.
Attachments
BabyHammerlessModel1910NS#-1.JPG
BabyHammerlessModel1910NS#-3.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

I always looked forward to getting the Johnson Smith catalog.They were fun to look at. ::tu::
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
Tim
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

A guy at the SVKCC show in Harrisonburg always brings one of these, with a pretty high sales price, meaning he probably doesn't really want to sell it. Quite a chunk of metal and bone. Like Gunsil posted, it would take special ammo and isn't accurate, so I just like looking.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Hi Red, if you are referring to the guy who is usually across the aisle from me in the front room who also has a bunch of fake bowie knives the one he has with the bone scales has been modified. None of the ones like in the ad had bone, they were plain nickel plated steel. I hadn't seen an English one (they had bone scales) at the show, would love to see it if it's not the American made one. Hoping like crazy we get the show in next year!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gunsil wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 pm Hi Red, if you are referring to the guy who is usually across the aisle from me in the front room who also has a bunch of fake bowie knives the one he has with the bone scales has been modified. None of the ones like in the ad had bone, they were plain nickel plated steel. I hadn't seen an English one (they had bone scales) at the show, would love to see it if it's not the American made one. Hoping like crazy we get the show in next year!!

Herb and I are chomping at the bit to get to the show! We don't care when it is either.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I am so.... jealous of you guys that get to go to knife shows (at least in better times)! I am a thousand miles from a good knife show, but maybe someday....

Return to “General Knife Discussion”