Case 6220

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
foxfirerodandgun
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Case 6220

Post by foxfirerodandgun »

I bought this Case back in the early 1970's I believe and shortly thereafter I managed to break off the main blade. It has been in a jewelry box since then. Does Case have a lifetime warranty much like Buck knives? Thanks.
Attachments
PXL_20240211_185309925.jpg
A GUN MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE, ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE YOUR SOUL.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case 6220

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Case warranty does not cover misuse. Using a knife in a manner that results in breaking off the blade would likely be judged as misuse, so it’s unlikely they would repair it under the warranty terms (free).
We warrant each and every Case knife to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the life of the owner, and we will repair or replace with a new Case knife any Case knife that is defective. That‘s how strongly we feel about the quality of our cutlery.

Case does not warrant its products against normal wear or misuse. Case knives are not intended to be used as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers. If your knife was damaged due to misuse, our repair department can analyze the damage and repair it for a reasonable fee. Our limited lifetime warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
However, that's just my opinion, and since I don’t work for Case you could ask them - the worst they could do is say “no”. See www.caseknives.com. From the home page scroll down to the bottom where it gives info about warranty and repairs. Click that, fill out the required paperwork, attach photos of your knife and submit your request.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I think Case will repair it if they still have the parts. It may take a few months
to return to you.

Another choice is to have one of the knife mechanics replace it for you. They
may have a replacement blade that is not perfectly new, so it would match
the existing parts better.

Bob
just bob

Post by just bob »

Read this thread all the way through and it will give you specific instructions on the procedure to contact Case. They will l tell before you send it in. My guess is no. Very easy to find a donor knife to get a blade that will work in that knife it you aren't concerned about the exact year.

viewtopic.php?p=1105443#p1105443
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
foxfirerodandgun
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions. I never intentionally abuse a quality-made knife. I really do not remember what I was using it for when the blade broke. I contacted Case and submitted a warranty claim and asked for it to be repaired or replaced with a similar model. I'll post their decision when they let me know. Here are the pictures that I sent them with the form.
PXL_20240211_213025149.jpg
PXL_20240211_213121640.jpg
PXL_20240211_213158325.jpg
just bob

Post by just bob »

If they turn you down pm me and I'll try and help you. Maybe your knife has sentimental value and is special for you, but if it's just an EDC you are going to get more money in shipping alone than it's worth.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Probably not popular but I'm going to post it anyway- you could have it welded, PM me if you're interested in contact information. ::mdm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
foxfirerodandgun
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Thanks to you both for your offers to help. It's just an EDC that I purchased many years ago. I had forgotten about it until I was digging through an old jewelry box from my first marriage that had been in storage. ::tu::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”