Dazzler

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Dazzler

Post by just bob »

Here's a dazzler in an upcoming auction near me. They say the pattern is 6392. One picture should be all you need.
Attachments
case 11.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Dazzler

Post by btrwtr »

Another one that just hurts my eyes to look at. I guess you could desribe this knife any way you wish since it is one of a kind.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Trying to figure out where the parts came from- Clip blade from a -75, -80 pattern secondary blades, frame . . . ??? ::barf::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:36 pm Trying to figure out where the parts came from- Clip blade from a -75, -80 pattern secondary blades, frame . . . ??? ::barf::

Master blade is stamped 6392 on back. Unsure about frame and bottom end blades.
Attachments
ddddd.jpg

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::hmm:: That is a legitimate Case pattern stamp.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

6392 is a stockman. Somehow they got the blade to work in this whittler frame.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:49 pm ::hmm:: That is a legitimate Case pattern stamp.
Therein is the danger of just reading the stamp and not the knife. The 92 is a square end frame, not round-ended like the OP knife. It was made as a two-blade jack and a three-blade stockman.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:57 pm
1967redrider wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:49 pm ::hmm:: That is a legitimate Case pattern stamp.
Therein is the danger of just reading the stamp and not the knife. The 92 is a square end frame, not round-ended like the OP knife. It was made as a two-blade jack and a three-blade stockman.

Ken

I grabbed Steve's book since I'm at home. Doesn't look anything like his pictured knives. I still think the secondaries could be out of an -80 pattern. The frame looks like an oversized -63. Not sure where that shield came from? ::shrug::

just bob

Post by just bob »

This knife brought $27.50 through the local auction. Don't be surprised if you see it on eBay soon. This is a new knife from this week's auction. Looks like they used a chainsaw to trim those handles up. Poor pic - I know, but that's all they show.
Attachments
case xx.jpg

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::hmm:: Playdough scales?

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”