VICTORINOX QUESTION

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Turn & Bank
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

VICTORINOX QUESTION

Post by Turn & Bank »

Hello All
I am selling a Victorinox Spartan in a special metal tin with a sharpening stone and leather pouch but I have no information about it, how old it is, or what its value might be. I just threw a number at it to see what would happen but I will adjust the price up or down to suit true value. Yes, I know about it's worth is what a person will pay, but I want to price it reasonably and move it so any help will be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Acme Turn & Bank
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: VICTORINOX QUESTION

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK, T&B! ::handshake:: Your type of knife is not one I follow, but there are many members who do follow and collect Vics, so check this thread regularly for other replies! Best of luck! 8)
8)
Turn & Bank
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Turn & Bank »

Hello madmarco
I have spoken to you before regarding auto's up your way in the Great North. Sorry we couldn't work a transaction but...... Yes, I am hoping someone knows about this knife and when it might have been made and what it is worth. Thanks for the reply, take care.
T & B
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Link to the knife in question. Nice knife and pouch but I couldn’t tell you anything about it. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/c ... al-edition
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Turn & Bank wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:23 pm Hello madmarco
I have spoken to you before regarding auto's up your way in the Great North. Sorry we couldn't work a transaction but...... Yes, I am hoping someone knows about this knife and when it might have been made and what it is worth. Thanks for the reply, take care.
T & B
Now that you mention it, I do remember our past communications T&B! ::handshake:: It's good to see you here, why not stop in more often! ::nod:: ! 8)
8)
Turn & Bank
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Turn & Bank »

Hi Madmarco
Yes, we had a few good conversions about the stupid knife laws in both our countries, and up there is seems it's really bad all around concerning knives and firearms, yikes. At least down here in Wyoming were still(?) are kind of free, well sort of. Blade wise anything is OK, and firearms, everyone is armed to the teeth.

I do stop at AAPK several times a day just to see what is new and what might be interesting but I'm not overly knowledgeable about knives and with my other interests, motorcycles, modeling, flying fixed wing and now helicopters, plus maintaining a home that I just don't have much to add to the knowledge pile. As it is I'm putting back together a BMW, a KTM and trying to ride, occasionally on my newest, to me, dirt bike. Plus I build a custom fiberglass parts for a friend that does old '55 to '57 Chevy conversions and older Corvette conversion where he modifies the frame for newer "L" motors and suspensions. And on top of that I have to goof-off a good bit. And at 72, I goof-off at lot, yeehaw!

But I will give it a bit more of a look see as to what is brewing.
Thanks for the reply and hang in there.
Turn & Bank
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow, if you're that active at 72 T&B, I'd have loved to see you in action when you were 20! I totally understand where you're coming from regarding time spent on the forums. I was just discussing recently with a friend about all the members who seem to be M.I.A. and the reasons for it, and there are plenty of good reasons, not all of course, but plenty. I hope you understand that there is no reason to post a comment unless you want to, I know for myself there are lots of times where I don't know or understand the conversation, but I can always post a positive comment about the looks of the knife. My technical knife abilities come up terribly short, but I learn from reading and asking questions. I know that you know what I'm saying, and you simply choose to handle it you way in your time, and there's nothing wrong with that, I was just trying to make you feel welcome bud! We'll see you when we see you! ::handshake:: 8) P.S.-It's a good thing you started this thread considering how badly we have hijacked it! ::facepalm::
8)

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”