Leader Brand

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
J529A

Leader Brand

Post by J529A » Sun May 22, 2022 1:17 pm

Does anyone know anything about Leader Brand Pocket Knives? I made a diligent search and came up with nothing. Goins' only states "Leader U.S.A." I checked my list of Obsure Brands and it only says the same thing as Goins. It would help to know who made them.
Attachments
LPLP1183 (2).PNG
QQUN1716 (2).PNG

OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Leader Brand

Post by OLDE CUTLER » Sun May 22, 2022 1:38 pm

J529A wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 1:17 pm
Does anyone know anything about Leader Brand Pocket Knives? I made a diligent search and came up with nothing. Goins' only states "Leader U.S.A." I checked my list of Obsure Brands and it only says the same thing as Goins. It would help to know who made them.
My Stewart & Richie, and Voyles books say the same, Leader USA and no more.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet » Sun May 22, 2022 2:20 pm

That appears to be a brand made by Camillus for some other company, possibly a hardware supply company. The handles are attached by the prong method. Two triangular-shaped prongs of the liner material are pushed or stamped outwards at either end of the handle. The celluloid material made to look like stag is molded on those prongs. Obviously, the rocker pin is the only visible pin through the handle material.
The celluloid stag is not exclusive to Camillus, I think Utica also used it, but those are the only brands I can recall at the moment that used that type of celluloid stag. As far as I know, Camillus was the only one to use the prong method of attachment. The pattern itself is a Camillus pattern. I'm 90% certain that that knife was made by Camillus.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Ridgegrass
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Ridgegrass » Sun May 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Houston Price lists "Leader-USA". That's all. J.O.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”