Robeson fixed blade SOLD

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Robeson fixed blade SOLD

Post by tongueriver » Fri May 13, 2022 11:05 pm

Robeson fixed blade 21 hunting knife, about 11.25 inches overall, with the blade measuring about 6 1/8 inches. Blade is a medium width and thickness and clipped, with wide fullers, about 1/2 inch by 2 inches, in the Marbles Ideal style, of non-stainless steel. Tang-stamped on the “left” side ROBESON/SHUREDGE/No.21. Some very light speckling and sharpening scratches, but blade loss is minimal. Oval double guard and oval bisymmetrical pommel are of aluminum. The pommel is single-pinned through the side. It shows very faint handling marks but absolutely no dings or significant scratches. The handle is of stacked leather washers, terminating in 3 colors of spacers fore and aft. The handle is in excellent condition with no more than faint handling marks, tight and bright. The leather sheath is of the type common through the 1950s and beyond, original, still supple, with no stitches loose. The riveted retainer strap has no issues and the snap works fine. There is no sign that it has ever been put onto a belt. This knife and sheath does not appear to have been carried and used, although it has clearly been both sharpened and handled. If I had to guess, this knife could have been made anytime from the late 1920s all the way into the early 1960s. I just don’t know. $60 shipped to U.S. address, Paypal Friends and Family, check (known members), or money order.
Robeson hunter001.jpg
scan pile001.jpg
scan sheath front001.jpg
scan sheath rear001.jpg

btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Robeson fixed blade

Post by btrwtr » Sat May 14, 2022 12:20 am

I'll take it Cal. Sending you a PM.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr

tongueriver
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Robeson fixed blade

Post by tongueriver » Sat May 14, 2022 12:30 am

Thanks to Wayne and AAPK.

eveled

Re: Robeson fixed blade SOLD

Post by eveled » Sat May 14, 2022 12:58 am

Nice knife Wayne. I was very tempted.