September Knife Show in Berlin.MD

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ridgegrass

September Knife Show in Berlin.MD

Post by Ridgegrass »

Like to announce that my friends at the WINDMILL CREEK VINEYARD & WINERY in Berlin,(AAPK member: "Treasure Trawler") on Maryland's Eastern Shore will be hosting an Antique and Collectible Knife "SHOW, SWAP, and SELL" on Saturday, September 18, 2021, 10 am-5 pm. The show and spaces are FREE to exhibitors, vendors, and the public.
There are many collectors on the shore and in nearby Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The focus is on American, European, and English antique knives, exotic and historical cutlery, and good quality, modern collectible knives from all over. Cheap imports are not within the intent of this event.

******Please Note:
*****ABSOLUTELY NO FIREARMS OF ANY AGE TO BE SHOWN, SOLD, OR EXCHANGED ON THE PREMISES
*****This is an OUTDOOR ONLY event. Participants are asked to bring their own tables, tents, etc, suitable for outdoor conditions. If bad weather is
forecast the show may be cancelled, hopefully within 48 hours prior to the event.
*****Local wines, excellent food and drink are catered on the premises. No alcohol other than our wine can be sold under our license.
*****There are NO R.V., CAMPING, OR OVERNIGHT FACILITIES on the Winery premises. There are large parking lots within 5 miles. No access to the
premises before 8 am Saturday morning. Public access is at 10 am.
*****While space is not limited, vendors and exhibitors should register before September 1st to ensure accommodation. "1st come,1st served".

The owners and staff of the Winery hope for a pleasant gathering of cutlery enthusiasts in a farm setting. This is our inaugural event and we hope to make it an annual affair. This announcement will be followed by more information as it develops. The event will also appear on social media, local advertising, and other appropriate formats. Exhibitors and vendors are responsible for their own property. Participation is FREE and VOLUNTARY.

If you are interested in participating as an exhibitor or vendor please PM me. I will begin the list and keep you informed as things develop. The event is FREE to all, exhibitors, vendors, and public. Just for fun. Go to windmillcreekvineyard.com for info/directions.

Again, the focus of this event is the collector, hobbyist, and cutlery enthusiast in a gathering of common interests.

I am not employed by the Winery or this event. The owner and I are collectors and friends who enjoy the hobby. I'm volunteering for this first one.
::handshake:: Stay tuned.

J.O'.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: September Knife Show in Berlin.MD

Post by 1967redrider »

I'm there, probably dragging Herb with me too! Probably won't have to do much dragging. 🤭 ::super_happy::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I’m there too being that I’m just 30 miles away in Georgetown DE - thrilled about the opportunity!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

RED and BEST: Are you setting up? J.O.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Ridgegrass wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:45 pm RED and BEST: Are you setting up? J.O.
I’m a shopper but I’d be happy to help with the show in any manner possible. A mid-Atlantic show has been needed for a long time.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Wish you guys could bring a little show table. Nothing fancy, I watch over it if you like. It'd be nice to have you participate if just for a little while. Thank J.O'.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Update: Preregistration is probably not necessary. There's lots of room. If you'd still like to register just e-mail me. ridgegrass@hotmail.com
Thanks J.O'.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::doh:: I was just reminded that's our Anniversary weekend and we're going to a wedding in PA and then to our Anniversary getaway in Western VA.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

C'mon Red!! What's more important here?! :D :D :D :D Have a great time.. J.O'.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:31 pm Update: Preregistration is probably not necessary. There's lots of room. If you'd still like to register just e-mail me. ridgegrass@hotmail.com
Thanks J.O'.
J.O. - I sent you an email, looking forward to meeting you and other AAPK-ers in about 5-weeks - let’s hope the weather is cooperative. Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Last reminder of the Antique Knife Show in Berlin, Maryland
First time for us here and hoping to get a good turnout. Even thinking about a Delmarva area club.
Hope to see any AAPK folks.
FREE TO ALL for sales swaps and shows! See info on earlier posts above.

Windmill Creek Winery, Rte' 575, Berlin , MD
Saturday, September 18th, 10-5

::tu:: J.O'.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks to all who came to our first show. We had 12 tables and a pretty good turnout. My friend Pat had four tables of real American and German military
knives and did a good business. Cousin Fred had a nice table of high end hunting knives. Another fellow sold four Case Axe/Knife changer sets. Barry, the winery owner, had a nice display and sold a bunch of beginner pieces. I showed about three hundred, wasn't there to sell.
Going to shoot for another one next May. Lots of interest. May even get a local club organized. "From small acorns, great oaks grow". J.O'.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”