For Sale: Olavi Kempannien Puukko

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

For Sale: Olavi Kempannien Puukko

Post by kootenay joe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 am

Here is a Tommi puukko made by Olavi Kemppainen who along with his brother Alpo was a fifth generation "Tommi" puukko smiths. It was their great, great, great grandfather who designed and forged the first Tommi puukko. Since then each generation of sons have become knife "Smiths" and have worked in the same shop with the same tools. The heat treatment they use is a guarded secret and the resulting blades are thought to be the Best of All Finnish puukkos.
OAL 8 1/4", handle is 4 1/2", blade is forged non stainless steel 3 3/4", very sharp. Would be an incredible experience to use this Puukko to field dress a deer/elk/moose/antelope. Hide & tissues will part with no pressure on blade.
Sheath has good 'snap in' fit, also made by Olavi.
Likely made in 1990's, never used, exact same condition as when Olavi shipped it out.
This is a custom knife made by one the best Finnish 'Smiths' of all time.
Price: $240 shipped
Please send me a PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
Attachments
IMGP0085.JPG
IMGP0086.JPG
IMGP0087.JPG

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: For Sale: Olavi Kempannien Puukko

Post by kootenay joe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:24 pm

I am open to offers. Need $ asap to repair my vehicle.
kj

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”