WTB Case xx 6488 scales/handles

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Bokercollector

WTB Case xx 6488 scales/handles

Post by Bokercollector »

Hey there, I’ve got a XX 6488LP red bone I want to restore and need scales, prefere redbone from 40-64 period but might consider other colors. I’m fine buying a whole knife with busted blades etc. the blades on mine are excellent so I’m looking for something pretty decent. Thanks for reading, Rich
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WTB Case xx 6488 scales/handles

Post by herbva »

88's are very popular (and pricey), so I would think it's going to be hard to find a "donor" knife at a reasonable price, even in bad condition. I would just pick out new bone in a color and jigging that you like and restore the knife from scratch. There are several suppliers that sell jigged bone , but I get most of mine from Culpepper. https://www.knifehandles.com/
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Bokercollector

Re: WTB Case xx 6488 scales/handles

Post by Bokercollector »

herbva wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:10 am 88's are very popular (and pricey), so I would think it's going to be hard to find a "donor" knife at a reasonable price, even in bad condition. I would just pick out new bone in a color and jigging that you like and restore the knife from scratch. There are several suppliers that sell jigged bone , but I get most of mine from Culpepper. https://www.knifehandles.com/
Normally I’d agree, but the value of this knife when complete warrants correct restoration. 40-48 6488 LP is worth 1000s so if I end up with 200-300 on scales it’ll be worth it. I like buying knives and am willing to pay a bit for something I like, but spending retail on a knife like this is not something I’d ever do. So I’d be pretty happy to own it when I’m done. However, I appreciate the info and link, I will def use them in the future for other things.

Return to “Want Ads”