ID help please

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
marinaio61

ID help please

Post by marinaio61 »

Inherited knife I'm trying to identify, small blade tang says rostfrei:
20201029_135120.jpg
20201029_135238.jpg
marinaio61

Re: ID help please

Post by marinaio61 »

Added information; the closed length is 4", large blade is 3" and the handle is a dark wood, possibly Walnut or something like Mahogany. The backsprings and pins through the bolsters are not stainless, they have a patina, liners and are Brassbut I'm not sure what the pins in the scales are, possibly brass. When sharpening I noticed the blades are a harder steel than Mora or Victorinox based on the sound and feel on my bench stones.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

It is a German made pen knife. Rostfrei translates as rust free, meaning stainless steel. I could not find that particular mark anywhere in any of my books or online references.
Dan
marinaio61

Post by marinaio61 »

Thanks Dan, I've checked all the limited resources I could find on-line as well. Some obscure maker apparently and judging by a glaring design issue this could be a pretty limited edition or it should be. Not only is there serious blade rub but the large blade can catch on the tang of the small blade when closing which messes up the long blade edge about 1/8" from the tip. File under curiosity.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”