Oops..broken knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Stanwade

Oops..broken knife

Post by Stanwade »

Was helping my buddy blow insulation into his new garage attic Saturday afternoon… Was using my trusty Camillus Cub Scout knife I’ve been carrying off and on for three or four years to cut the bags open… Dropped it into the machine and the auger got it!🤬 ::dang:: ::dang:: ::cuss:: ::bad_day:: ::cuss:: ::cuss::

Not a very valuable knife but one of my favorite EDCS..oh well ::shrug::
Attachments
4E5E5E96-862E-4522-ABB8-78FF4FAF7924.jpeg
F41E2C94-E1FE-46FA-9BFF-E21777E9BFF8.jpeg
E4358355-0C43-4886-AE6C-9DFD45981EB5.jpeg
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
jmh58

Re: Oops..broken knife

Post by jmh58 »

That SUX.. ::dang::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
tigertail

Post by tigertail »

What are the odds. Did the auger get messed up at all?
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

TT—Didn’t even slow it down… It blew it right out of the hose —-my buddy got it in the attic!
Ryan

Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

If you could find another blade it could probably be fixed.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Jeff—I have 15 more just like it I’ll just have to get one out and start carrying it..I want to get in the POS exchanges this year...I’m gonna add it to that pile of 💩 that I’ve been saving!😁
Ryan

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Bummer. It is a good candidate for the POS Exchange.
David
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Stanwade wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:33 pm Was helping my buddy blow insulation into his new garage attic Saturday afternoon… Was using my trusty Camillus Cub Scout knife.....
Ryan, I know this is depressing, don't do anything rash. Don't switch to Colonial.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Skip—😂😂
Ryan

herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I've heard a lot of stories over the years about how a knife blade got broken. Most involved an improper, unauthorized and/or stupid use of a knife. But this is the first one I recall hearing about the knife getting eaten up by an insulation blowing machine. As the saying goes, live and learn. Thanks, I needed to hear something funny today! ::ds::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Yeah this is getting out-of-control! Second knife 🔪 I broke in the last month… I broke a Sabre Barlow prying my window open to get in with a coat hanger when I my locked my keys in my car 🚗 three weeks ago… At least I didn’t break any expensive ones though ::shrug::
Ryan

herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Stanwade wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:26 pm Yeah this is getting out-of-control! Second knife 🔪 I broke in the last month… I broke a Sabre Barlow prying my window open to get in with a coat hanger when I my locked my keys in my car 🚗 three weeks ago… At least I didn’t break any expensive ones though ::shrug::
I wasn't laughing at you, but with you. This is why I keep a collection of inexpensive, solid, but used EDC's. No big deal if I loose one, forget to take it out of my pocket before I have to go through a metal detector, or one of my kids asks to borrow one. The problem is, I get attached to these knives too. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Whoops! Luckily, Cub Scout knives aren't in short supply. They are one of my favorite EDC's as well--since despite being small, the awl and screwdriver lock. Screwdriver will fit the ubiquitous Phillips screw; and the awl will not snap shut and slice open a finger. I have both the carbon steel version, and the newer stainless version with the slick Delrin handles. Both are Camllius.

I blew apart an Italian made "Scout" type knife (sold as an electrician's knife) with a blade, spike-type awl, wood saw, and screwdriver working in the barn. The knife used bird's eye rivets instead of solid pins with a head. I was using its awl (provided, the "awl" was sold as being a marlinspike; despite this style being an awl on most other knives) to drill a whole, and the brass ring of the bird's eye pivot pin on the side of the awl popped off. I still have all the parts. My plans are to convert it to pin-through construction, give it bolsters, and a bail.

Seems that even though as of lately, I've been buying more expensive knives and carrying them (as of late, I've had Benchmades and Queens in my pocket at the same time), I know my cheaper knives, and know when to substitute them in. Same with my multitools and regular hand tools. If some idiot breaks a $15 knife, a $20 multitool, $10 hammer, and/or $10 pliers that belong to me, I ain't gonna be as mad as say, he breaks a $70 knife, $100 multitool, $50 hammer, and $50 pliers.
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

herbva wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm
Stanwade wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:26 pm Yeah this is getting out-of-control! Second knife 🔪 I broke in the last month… I broke a Sabre Barlow prying my window open to get in with a coat hanger when I my locked my keys in my car 🚗 three weeks ago… At least I didn’t break any expensive ones though ::shrug::
I wasn't laughing at you, but with you. This is why I keep a collection of inexpensive, solid, but used EDC's. No big deal if I loose one, forget to take it out of my pocket before I have to go through a metal detector, or one of my kids asks to borrow one. The problem is, I get attached to these knives too. ::teary_eyes::
[/quote

Herb— exactly!!😁—-although I think I’m more pissed off because I was so used to that knife and loved it so much if I would’ve lost $100 case or queen or Keen Kutter etc. ..I might’ve been less pissed you know what I mean (ok, probably not!😂)LOL?!?
Ryan

Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

cody6268 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:11 pm Whoops! Luckily, Cub Scout knives aren't in short supply. They are one of my favorite EDC's as well--since despite being small, the awl and screwdriver lock. Screwdriver will fit the ubiquitous Phillips screw; and the awl will not snap shut and slice open a finger. I have both the carbon steel version, and the newer stainless version with the slick Delrin handles. Both are Camllius.

I blew apart an Italian made "Scout" type knife (sold as an electrician's knife) with a blade, spike-type awl, wood saw, and screwdriver working in the barn. The knife used bird's eye rivets instead of solid pins with a head. I was using its awl (provided, the "awl" was sold as being a marlinspike; despite this style being an awl on most other knives) to drill a whole, and the brass ring of the bird's eye pivot pin on the side of the awl popped off. I still have all the parts. My plans are to convert it to pin-through construction, give it bolsters, and a bail.

Seems that even though as of lately, I've been buying more expensive knives and carrying them (as of late, I've had Benchmades and Queens in my pocket at the same time), I know my cheaper knives, and know when to substitute them in. Same with my multitools and regular hand tools. If some idiot breaks a $15 knife, a $20 multitool, $10 hammer, and/or $10 pliers that belong to me, I ain't gonna be as mad as say, he breaks a $70 knife, $100 multitool, $50 hammer, and $50 pliers.

Cody—Exactly why I don’t carry my expensive new Cases etc. or my favorite collectible ones because I know eventually even though it might take three or four years I’m gonna break it or lose it…I try to be very careful with my knives and not use them in the wrong manner but sometimes you got to do what you Gotta do, right? ::shrug::
Ryan

Return to “General Knife Discussion”