YONGLI SS Folder

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

YONGLI SS Folder

Post by KLJ77 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:01 pm

Not asking anyone to conduct a search of this on my behalf, for I've already spent numerous hours searching the net for any information regarding this knife. What I am certain of is; this knife was probably made in Japan. I say that due to the 'Yongli" name and what I've seen in my search criteria. I'm just wondering if anyone who may have spent some time in Japan or other Asian countries has ever seen this specific name or unicorn symbol on other knives.

This knife is a single blade folder with a push button style auto opener. It has a liner lock design with a thumb lever on top that keeps it 'locked' in the closed position. Push the side button to close. It also has a miniature flashlight...and yes, it works. All SS and takes a very nice edge. Solid and locks up nicely. Opens smoothly with no hesitation. Not looking for value, for I know it's not a high dollar knife. Just curious about the history, if any.

I appreciate any info, if anyone may have an inkling as to what I actually have. I've had this knife for numerous years, but just came across it again in my storage packs recently.

TIA
Attachments
DSCF2218.jpeg
DSCF2223.jpeg
DSCF2221.jpeg
DSCF2226.jpeg
DSCF2225.jpeg
DSCF2228.jpeg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: YONGLI SS Folder

Post by kootenay joe » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 am

Looks like a made in China knife to me. Somehow the design of a Japanese knife looks different from a knife designed in China. I have many made in China knives and some are 'marvellous', totally satisfying. But not all Chinese knives.
Never seen a flashlight combo on a knife from Japan. But i have with Chinese knives.
kj

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: YONGLI SS Folder

Post by KLJ77 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks for your input, KJ. It very well could be a China made knife. ::shrug:: Nevertheless, it's a very useable knife and makes for a great EDC, albeit, I would have to be careful carrying it in Virginia. I'll probably just play it safe and keep it in storage.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “General Knife Discussion”