To all Cubs fans

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
fergusontd

To all Cubs fans

Post by fergusontd » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:44 pm

SmartSelect_20200408-083925_Chrome.jpg
::tu:: Jerry, thought you might like this picture of Ernie Banks since you're a UGH!! Cubbies fun. Just missed getting his autograph at old Crosley field in Cincinnati. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: To all Cubs fans

Post by Waukonda » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Wow! Ferguson, hope you don't mind me jumping in here while you wait for Jerry's reply, but that is one awesome photo. I don't recall ever seeing that one, thanks for posting.

"Let's play two"
Ike

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:19 pm

My son got Ernie Banks autograph at a card show. What a gentleman. He would interact with everyone who came by. Before signing my son's card he spent some time in conversation first. Got Willy Mayes autograph at the same show. Our experience with him was just the opposite.

fergusontd

Post by fergusontd » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:38 pm

::tu:: I had went to a Reds game in '63 and got several Cubs and Reds autographs, including Pete Rose in his rookie year. Also got Ron Santo's and several other Cubs on a Reds '63 scorecard! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:48 pm

Great pic Ferg. I've only been to 3 regular season Cubs games. They lost all three. Surprised? I also went to a training camp game a couple of years ago while out visiting my daughter. They won. Finally.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:07 pm

In 1960 dad took me, my grandpa and uncle to the MLB All Star Game in Kansas City. A really special thrill for a kid. Ernie Banks was the starting shortstop for the National League. He hit a home run in the game and the NL won. Even though I grew up as a Cardinals fan I liked Ernie because he was from Texas.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

rea1eye

Post by rea1eye » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Nice picture Ferguson. My dad was a Sox fan, but never had any grudge against the Cubs.
It seems like light years ago baseball was America's favorite pastime sport. Baseball players
were tied to the spectators back then. I remember my boys getting autographs from their
favorite Sox players.

I sure hope some day we could in the USA go back to a summer Professional Baseball Game.

Bob
Attachments
sox.hat.jpg

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm

Great picture.
I sure miss baseball :(
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf