bb

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

bb

Post by TripleF » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:39 am

bb

bighomer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Buying Story

Post by bighomer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 am

So ,this ole dude in Fla. has a blue handle Gerber for sale ,I figure what the hey, I'll bid 10 bucks on it as I like Gerber knives. Anyway somebody out bids me I don't check back at the auction, so it's gone, no big deal I may need that ten spot for toilet paper anyway. I get up this morning go to my e-mail and ebay has emailed that I can have the knife for the ten spot. Geez I say to myself do I really need a lite blue handled knife or do I save up for toilet paper, well to make long story short, if said feller in Fla will get up off his butt the knife should here in a few days. :lol: ::super_happy:: ::handshake::

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Buying Story

Post by TripleF » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:30 am

bb

tallguy606

Re: bb

Post by tallguy606 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:51 am

I just noticed that on Ebay, if you make an offer that is rejected, or get outbid, sometimes the seller will message you trying to make the deal at your price. Or offering further discount. That's a new tactic I had not seen until lately.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: bb

Post by Mumbleypeg » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:09 pm

What eBay calls a “second chance offer” has been around for years. I’ve got a couple of knives that were bought that way. I bid but was not the highest bidder. A couple days later a message appears from the seller, saying the highest bidder didn’t pay up so if I still want the item I could have it for what I bid.

On OBO items there has always been a provision for negotiating, if the seller chose to make a counter offer. What I’ve seen recently that I think may be new is when I put a BIN item in my watch list but don’t bid, a day or two later I get a message saying because I showed interest in the item the seller is offering it to me at a discount.

Not sure if what you’re describing is the same thing or not.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Knife Discussion”