Collecting a few of these lately

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Collecting a few of these lately

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I didn’t put the name of the knife in the title because I keep finding different names for this. All have the locking primary blade and the release is accomplished by pushing down on the secondary blade. The 3 with the acorn shield are Cattaraugus Seki Japan made by A.G. Russell. The others are Weidmannsheil and made in Germany. All have mirror polished backsprings, which looks really great on a knife.
Attachments
IMG_2199.jpeg
IMG_2200.jpeg
IMG_2201.jpeg
IMG_2189.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Collecting a few of these lately

Post by Old Folder »

Knice. ::groove::
And beautiful photo's.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
petesknives

Post by petesknives »

Awesome ::tu:: I really like the one with the corkscrew! Beautiful Knives ::tu::
"Buy more ammo!" Johnnie Fain RIP

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
Hunter S. Thompson. RIP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow! Exceptional knives. Very beautiful! ::nod:: ::nod::
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

What a gorgeous collection! I really like you taste in knives. I may have to search for some of those. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Those are really nice! ::tu:: ::tu:: I have a Chinese Frost knife with the same kind of lock, but not anywhere near as nice as those.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

herbva wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm What a gorgeous collection! I really like you taste in knives. I may have to search for some of those. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Herb, Thank you. I have one for sale in my store if you are interested.
These are great knives. And they do look good all together like this.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

BEAUTIES!!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Old Folder wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:48 pm Knice. ::groove::
And beautiful photo's.
Thanks Dan and all the others. I may have to make one of these photo’s my screen saver, I just get a hit of dopamine looking at them. I need a new photo anyway. I put a picture of my dog Kobi on there after he died and it’s making me miss him too much.
Case XX 6383
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Case XX 6383 »

you have great taste
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I like knives with this locking mechanism. I don't know if it has a name, cannot recall ever reading one. It's old (over 100 years), either vintage Sheffield or vintage Germany.
I have a small Copperhead with a locking clip blade and Wharncliffe secondary that i like so much i bought a few to give as gifts, made by "Steel Warrior". The ones being made now do not have the locking feature. Mine are from 5 or more years ago. Great knife for under $20 if you ever find one.
Thanks for this thread Mark.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:23 am I like knives with this locking mechanism. I don't know if it has a name, cannot recall ever reading one. It's old (over 100 years), either vintage Sheffield or vintage Germany.
I have a small Copperhead with a locking clip blade and Wharncliffe secondary that i like so much i bought a few to give as gifts, made by "Steel Warrior". The ones being made now do not have the locking feature. Mine are from 5 or more years ago. Great knife for under $20 if you ever find one.
Thanks for this thread Mark.
kj
Post some photos if you have some. I would like to see others posted. It is a great knife and once you get one, you want more. Very practical knife, a bit big for putting in your pocket, but what a great knife to take into the woods and use.
Thanks kj
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Here's a RR, sharp as the Dickens. Weird looking masters.
Attachments
20200129_072907.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

bighomer wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 pm Here's a RR, sharp as the Dickens. Weird looking masters.
That appeals to me since it could be opened w/ one hand. I much prefer the main blade to either have a thumb stud or a Spydie Hole like this. Very nice.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

all. beautiful knives and great photos ! my photos are awful.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I especially appreciate knives that are complex in design, without being too gimicky. Those are some nice looking knives!!!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”