Pricing and info help needed....

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
insl8rs247

Pricing and info help needed....

Post by insl8rs247 »

I'm looking for help for any more info, and pricing on this knife. This is what I know so far if what I've found so far is correct. It is a sterling silver "ladies" knife, made by the Automatic Knife Company, in Middletown Connecticut. It's a Arthur Wilzen Patent, made between 1891-1893. On an ad in a paper I found on line, this was the top of the line of the "ladies" knives they offered. I will attach the photos I have, and the ad itself. Looking to find out the rarity, pricing, and anything else someone would be willing to share with me. Thank You!!
Attachments
20170121_170838.png
kootenay joe

Re: Pricing and info help needed....

Post by kootenay joe »

Vintage USA 'push button' type pen knives are very collectible. Price is dependent on condition and you have not posted pictures of your knife so condition cannot be assessed.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK!

Condition, condition, condition! That is the primary driver of value. Does it still function as it should? Are the blades intact? Has it been sharpened and if so much how metal remains? And so on. Hopefully you have a rare gem. Without good clear in-focus pictures it is impossible to estimate value.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
insl8rs247

Post by insl8rs247 »

Thank you guys! It is in excellent condition! Has not been sharpened, or cleaned in my possession. I'm having a terrible time trying to post my pics of said knife!! I keep getting exclamation points on the files, and will not load! Took the pics with my phone, so I'm at a loss at what the problem is!! Any help there?! I REALLY want you guys to see this possible gem, and give me some opinions!!!
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Knives from The Automatic Knife Co in Middletown CT are indeed rare and imo highly collectable. Importantly rare does not necessarily equate itself to valuable. Condition would dictate price as Ken noted - be great to see some photos if you can figure it out from the phone..
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

There are picture posting instructions for various devices in the "Tips & Tricks" forum.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”