Knife Blade Question

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Knife Blade Question

Post by just bob »

When you see a NOS blade like this that has been heated up is that an indication that the blade has been restamped? I have seen other blades that also have shown evidence of heating and then there are other NOS blades that aren't?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-XX-TESTED ... SwUzJdo6hp
Attachments
xx .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knife Blade Question

Post by herbva »

Bob, I saw that one along with several other vintage Case blades, some with similar burn marks and no hole in the tang, that the seller has for sale. The seller indicates that they also need to be reshaped and finished in order to be used for "repairs". I am wondering if they are old Case factory rejects that were never used or maybe?????
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”