stiletto repair?

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
semroc

stiletto repair?

Post by semroc »

Hello all. My Dad gave me this knife. He said he had it a real long time. I've never been able to get it open. My only family heirloom knife, so it means a lot to me. The bail is kinda decorated. Not looking to sell it just get it working. The button pushes down but won't release the blade. Any suggestions on getting it open? Or any history on the knife is appreciated. Rizzuto Estileto Milano. Thank you. Much appreciated. Tried adding pics like i have before, but pixels are too big. Tried to making pixels smaller. Didn't work. Damn modern technology. 😡 Thanks again.
It's important not to think too much about what you do. Lee Marvin
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: stiletto repair?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Hard to tell anything about your knife without pictures. If you want it repaired or restored send it to Bill DeShivs memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15108

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

He is the man and does great work. ::nod:: ::nod::
semroc

Post by semroc »

Thanks you all. That's what I was hoping for. A good repair person. Wish i could figure out how to post pics. Much appreciated.
1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1fartsmella »

Try this: While pressing the button down try to open the blade manually like a regular pocket knife. It"s possible the kick out spring is broken.
Barry
semroc

Post by semroc »

1fartsmella wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:46 pm Try this: While pressing the button down try to open the blade manually like a regular pocket knife. It"s possible the kick out spring is broken.
Tried it. Didn't work. Thanks for the help though.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

hold the knife with the button towards the floor , push the blade a bit deeper in the well to release tension , tap the knife to shake the button loose and see if it will open … its likely the return spring for the button is broken , or the sear (pin) that holds the blade closed broke off in the blade hole, by tapping the knife with button facing down sometimes you can shake the broken part loose to free the blade...….BillDeshivs is a memer here and can totally handle the repair.
semroc

Post by semroc »

wiseguy wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:23 pm hold the knife with the button towards the floor , push the blade a bit deeper in the well to release tension , tap the knife to shake the button loose and see if it will open … its likely the return spring for the button is broken , or the sear (pin) that holds the blade closed broke off in the blade hole, by tapping the knife with button facing down sometimes you can shake the broken part loose to free the blade...….BillDeshivs is a memer here and can totally handle the repair.
Thank you wiseguy. I tried your suggestion. Didn't work. There is something rattling around in there. I'll try BillD. Thanks again.
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Sounds like the sear pin had sheared off. Try squeezing the blade into the handle, then turn the knife button sode down and tap the pivot end on a hard surface. Then release pressure on the blade and it should open.
KNFCOLLECTOR
semroc

Post by semroc »

Got it open. Thanks knf, and wiseguy. Kept trying what you suggested and it worked. I'm not seeing anything broken in there. But it's hard to see past that big spring. Its a pretty big knife when it's open. Do you think i should wash it with soap and water then oil it? Have a good one. Thanks.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Glad you got it open.... do what you like with it but its broken in there and will need to come apart, at this point any maintenance effort is futile.
semroc

Post by semroc »

Trying out a pic.
Attachments
1009191320b.jpg

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”