Schrade +USA B.C.

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Schrade +USA B.C.

Post by Shearer »

I was wondering what the B.C.stood for.
It was a on a knife for sale on Ebay.https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Schrade-USA ... true&rt=nc
The knife look like a Uncle Henry LB8.
Grant
Attachments
Schrade B.C..jpg
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
RevolverGuy

Re: Schrade +USA B.C.

Post by RevolverGuy »

This was most likely part of their "Native American Series". The stamping was used for the name of the knife.

B.C. - Bear Claw
K.D. - Kachina
M.S. - Morning Star
S.D. - Sun Dance
T.B. - Thunderbird
I.T. - Turtle

And I may be wrong but I think the original knives had scrimshaw scales and beaded sheaths. That one may have been a leftover blade that Schrade put on an Uncle Henry.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

RevolverGuy wrote:This was most likely part of their "Native American Series". The stamping was used for the name of the knife.

B.C. - Bear Claw
K.D. - Kachina
M.S. - Morning Star
S.D. - Sun Dance
T.B. - Thunderbird
I.T. - Turtle

And I may be wrong but I think the original knives had scrimshaw scales and beaded sheaths. That one may have been a leftover blade that Schrade put on an Uncle Henry.
I think you cracked the code! I have the whole set; that one was actually "Bear Cult," not to be misspelled, if you know what I mean; lol.
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

RevolverGuy wrote:This was most likely part of their "Native American Series". The stamping was used for the name of the knife.

B.C. - Bear Claw
K.D. - Kachina
M.S. - Morning Star
S.D. - Sun Dance
T.B. - Thunderbird
I.T. - Turtle

Thanks for the information ::handshake::
I have a few scrimshaws ,none with those tang stamps.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
LRV

Post by LRV »

Here are the flyers with the 6 American Indian series from 1981 - 1986
I hope they upload ok.
Attachments
SC81-16.jpg
SC82-17.jpg
SC82-18.jpg
SC83-30.jpg
SC84-30.jpg
SC85-29.jpg
SC86-23.jpg
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Thank you LV! ::tu:: These are some of my favorite Schrades. There was an additional Christmas release, The Lance, which is more rare and not really part of this series. More later... I have to grill a steak. Our 15th anniversary of moving into our new home.
LRV

Post by LRV »

The Lance was a SFO for Montgomery Ward in 1983. I've included in in the American Series and was severley corrected in the past. :D
Its blade is not stamped with any special letters. 2500 were to be produced.
Attachments
NAT-LANCE.JPG
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

::tu::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”