Help with maker please

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Melman5000

Help with maker please

Post by Melman5000 »

I have searched and searched and cant seem to find any info on a knife that was given to me many years ago. Any info would be appreciated very satistified much.
Attachments
fqMHZ_d.jpg
20190522_134558.jpg
20190522_134532.jpg
Robo

Re: Help with maker please

Post by Robo »

Hi, I believe these are a fairly low-end import knife with no particular pedigree. My wife brought me one back from Bratislava that she got at a souvenir shop. Don't get me wrong, it was probably the nicest thing she ever did for me, and it was a really solid little auto. God knows how she managed to get it out of Bratislava and into Newark International Airport without Interpol, Scotland Yard, The Canadian Mounted Police, and The Bratislavan National Guard going into intergalactic alert mode-- but I got the pictures to prove she did. Anyway, I wasn't digging the handles much So I made some dark black resin handles for it. Came out pretty nice. I EDC'd it for a while. Then one day I decided to see how it worked and how close it was in it's design to the Queen #25 Jet. So i took it apart and never got around to putting it back together. I'm just thankful that at least I got a picture of it on a plate surrounded by sea glass before I sawed the tang off...
Attachments
IMG_7417.jpg
IMG_7418.jpg
IMG_7407.JPG
IMG_9901.jpg
Melman5000

Post by Melman5000 »

I can 100 percent buy that it is some sort of cheaper made souvenir, the handle def screams it. i am just used to seeing made in China or Tawain ect....and i vaguely remember a story came with it from the huh that gave it to me. The fact that i couldn't find any info whatsoever on the web just made me have to try anf find some sort of info...thanks for the info. I have refently found myself fi ally digging into my many years of collecting and aquring and have been surprised by a few that i forgot i had and a couple rhat i didnt even realize what i had.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Are the bolsters solid or shell?

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Robo, you are amazing ! I don't even know where Bratislavia is. If there was a "Trivial Pursuit" for knife factoids you would likely be the champion.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”