Gerber mark1 Salemens sample knife?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Elliot8888

Gerber mark1 Salemens sample knife?

Post by Elliot8888 »

Hello I could use some help in identifying this mark 1 I just received in an auction.Its is in my opinion by the build and make that it is a mark one it's stamped on the back with a serial number 039591 but it is missing the Gerber logo. I'm not sure what to make of it? Any information would be greatly appreciated!Thankyou
Elliot
Attachments
Front
Front
Back
Back
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Gerber mark1 Salemens sample knife?

Post by Railsplitter »

Elliot8888 wrote:Hello I could use some help in identifying this mark 1 I just received in an auction.Its is in my opinion by the build and make that it is a mark one it's stamped on the back with a serial number 039591 but it is missing the Gerber logo. I'm not sure what to make of it? Any information would be greatly appreciated!Thankyou
Elliot
I can't really offer any help but I used to own a Mark 1 years ago. Did it come with a sheath?

I remember that the top of the sheath on mine matched the contour of the finger guards perfectly when the knife was fully seated in the sheath.

The sheath might help identify the knife if you happen to have it.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Elliot8888

Post by Elliot8888 »

Thanks for the information Rick T. Here's a picture with the sheath.Thanks again!
Elliot
Attachments
Sheath
Sheath
Knife in sheath
Knife in sheath
Elliot8888

Post by Elliot8888 »

Thanks for the information Rick T. Here's a picture with the sheath.Thanks again!
Elliot
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

You're welcome, Elliot. I can't make a positive ID but yours looks authentic to me. Not sure why there is no Gerber stamp.

I lost my Mark 1 in a mobile home fire in 1981. Nice knife you have there. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”